What is this colour in your opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
What would you say this colour is? I would think a lighter blonde in foils and all over somethig like 8/03 + 9/0?

What would you say this colour is? I would think a lighter blonde in foils and all over somethig like 8/03 + 9/0?
either I'm blind, crazy or there is a pic missing? (no comments on the crazy bit....it's what makes me fun)

Caramel and blondes xxx

i wud say that is possibly an 8/7 all over with scattering of lighter complementary foils. . . if not it looks alot like 8/7 looks when it is put over blonde to put in low lights. . .x

great thanks i thought along those lines. Do you ever find that when you do a family members hair, all of a sudden all your confidence and faith in yourself just goes?!! im doing my boyfs sisters hair which ive done for years but she wants to go darker, to the colour above, and its her 18th party next week so i just go blank and forget all reason!!
basically she is natural 6 and has highlights as a half head normally so she is pretty much a 12 onthe top section but she has her natural colour underneath.
now to get this colour, i could either do loadsa foils with diffrnt depths, or i was thinking of her bleach foils and an all over colour around them. but would it go to gingery on her roots? phew!

nawww i dont think so, what i would do is use the all over colour (whichever u choose) in a 9% to ensure it lifts enuff and then when u com to the top just keep very very fine pieces of bleached highlights really randomly weaved and mabey even a few tiny fine ones going diagonally back from the bottom of the front of the hairline in front of the ear backwards jus to add that multi tone underneath. . u cud always do like the 8/03 all over in 9% and do 2 foils to high and lowlight it, like keep the bleach and use half 7/7 and half 8/7 to lowlight, as long as the foils are fine and not chunky and stripy lookin it will be a natural blend. . . hope that is useful, thats what i wud do. . x

and oh btw i do sometimes loose confidence with family, but just remember u are good, and if u can do it in a salon to a really picky stranger, doin it to family is a sinch. . have faith in urself always, or else a client cant be expected to hahaha. . x

yeah thats wot i mean, i was just worried about her roots lifting, and wouldnt i need 6% on the ends as it is bleached so it needs 6% to darken?

if u worried bout the roots lifting apply the roots last . . but with the foils it shud be ok, it all gona be broken up. . yeah use it on the ends of the blonde, sorry i forgot that haha, but yeah. . seee u know what ur doin missus haha x

i did a simalar colour last week ,although it was over bleach h/l so the end result was lighter - i used equal 8/0 and 8/7 with 9% on roots (base 6) and 1/2 tb 8/7 with 2 inch 8/74 on ends with 3% with v. fine bleach h/l alt 6.3 on top . yes it was a bit too warm and light on roots - not horrid thou looked loverly -i just noticed it think next time ill use 7.5% i dont think 6% would touch it .
So if its over a 12 id do as scotty dolly says and use half 7/7 and half 8/7 - it will fade a little anyway

Latest posts

Back