What is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Evening geeks

I had a client today one of my regulars but last appointment I wasn't available and she went to a another nail salon.

She has acrylic done, while I soaked them off this finger had this underneath it. To me it looks like where there's been some lifting and water and dirt has got in. She hasn't knocked it anywhere. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394400255.365702.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks like a greenie to me, I was tought that basically it's a lift where moisture has got in.

Agree, a little pocket where moisture has built up. It will grow out. Don't try to buff it out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes definitely where product has lifted and moisture has hot underneath. Nothing to worry about and fine to put product back on. It will grow out but if client is not having acrylic reapplied, u could buff it a little for her. I've also found that if they have French, I have to buff a little to remove the colour or apply a darker shade of colour pink because sometimes u can see the stain through x

I don't see how buffing it would solve it, it'll still be there and her nail will just be thinner.

Tell her it's a lesson learned not to go elsewhere ;)

Thank you ladies that's what I suspected it was!!

I don't see how buffing it would solve it, it'll still be there and her nail will just be thinner.

Tell her it's a lesson learned not to go elsewhere ;)

You can usually buff the majority of a greenie off, it tends to be on the surface of the nail rather than deeply in it. As soon as product comes off the greenie, the bacteria die x

You can usually buff the majority of a greenie off, it tends to be on the surface of the nail rather than deeply in it. As soon as product comes off the greenie, the bacteria die x

This bacteria is far too deep in the nail to be buffed off . The darker the green the deeper it is . If it is only light staining then yes I would agree that it is normally possible to improve the look by very ,very gentle buffing but as I said this is too deep

Product can be reapplied after prepping and thoroughly cleansing the nail ensuring that you dispose of the file that you have used on this nail to ensure it is not transferred to any other area
x

That looks like a pseudomonas to me... :S when moisture gets trapped between a fake nail and the natural nail plate bacteria forms which can lead to fungus. If anything you should not be treating it and advise them to go to the doctor to get it checked out.

This has actually solved what is currently living under my toe nail...I basically went running one day, my toe blistered under the nail, and created a gap - now I have a totally gross green nail kind of wishing now that the nail had just fallen off :-(

Latest posts

Back