What keeps you interested?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique.Tips

Reaction score
I just wanted to say how much I love my job. Never in 1 million years would I've ever thought I would be this into something that I made money off. It doesn't even feel like a job.

My favorite thing about doing nails is the end result. A client saying, "You just made my day!!" minutes after performing a service.

I was just curious... What keeps all of you interested in our craft?

The same thing you mentioned and the satisfaction of making something beautiful and someone feel beautiful.

I love the variation in clients and meeting new people every day and to be honest, I love teaching them about how nails should be done by example, not preaching at them.

New Innovations and offering a variety keep me interested too, but it is more the clients and the doing of the job that excite me.

All the same things above and then Salon Geek on top. If it weren't for this site, I don't think I'd be doing what I am with such enthusiasm and doing things the right way.

The information on here is worth so much, yet we get it for free. The countless threads about new products, how to use them etc keep me very excited and interested.

You learn something new every day and learning is fun :)

I really love it when you get a client who is low in confidence because her hands are unattractive, or she's a hairy lady, and you are able to transform her with nails/waxing. When you get to the end of the service and they are delighted with the way they look and leave the salon feeling really great about themselves it really makes me appreciate my job.

Not that I dont appreciate my job anyway. I love what I do, there's not one bit of my job that I dont like.

I love the variation of each day, of making people feel happy and confident. I also love the fact that I don't feel like it's work!!!
Half way through a day when you have done french after french someone walks in and says what color/glitter etc shall I have today!!!!!! I sleep eat and breathe everything nails and I wouldn't change a thing x

yes for me too it's the variety, the creativity and the challenge to produce a set of nails that you are finally 100% happy with and then to maintain that standard.

i am always criticizing a set in my head even though the client is happy with them . i wonder do you ever get over that?

yes for me too it's the variety, the creativity and the challenge to produce a set of nails that you are finally 100% happy with and then to maintain that standard.

i am always criticizing a set in my head even though the client is happy with them . i wonder do you ever get over that?

No, I do it also rinn. For me theres always room for improvement. I always want my next set of nails to be better than the last.:biggrin:

For me it's making someone feel nice, look good and know they are important to me. I try and treat everyone like my nan.

The way things change and evolve keeps me interested. Trends! I love how I can absolutely hate something (neon nail polish, stiletto nails, 18% tan solution) but others love it! I love how we are all different! X

The creativity and that feeling you give others, for sure, but my interest is also kept by knowing there is also more to learn and to strive for. Especially sharing ideas on here, or seeing other's work and wondering how on earth they did something and exploring a new technique.

Knowing I'll never know everything and constantly learning is what definately keeps my interest x

For me I think it's the fact that I actually really struggle with nails! Every other aspect of my beauty I got really good grades at, distinctions but nails! I only got a merit! That has made me so determined that I WILL be able to do it! I am planning which courses I can do to help improve, loving trying out things with shellac and trying to develop my imagination (which consists of strips and dots at the moment!) I haven't got any clients at the moment so don't get the feelings above, but I can't wait until the day I do!

Wow great responses ladies!! I love everyone's comments :)

SalonGeek is flipping amazing and I really enjoy networking with you ladies :)

Yes, all of the above AND the fact that this is without a doubt the most challenging thing i have ever done!! Everyday i am asked about something in the business that i have to research and find answers to or learn a new technique!
If you knew my background you'd be surprised that i do this stuff, but i truly love it, and work sooo hard to do it right each time!
Salon Geek is an excellent tool to help me achieve those goals and expectations of myself and that others have of me!!!
Besides, you ladies rock so much more than the roughneck guys i used to work around!!! :)
They are so jealous of my career move/change!!!

Yes, all of the above AND the fact that this is without a doubt the most challenging thing i have ever done!! Everyday i am asked about something in the business that i have to research and find answers to or learn a new technique!
If you knew my background you'd be surprised that i do this stuff, but i truly love it, and work sooo hard to do it right each time!
Salon Geek is an excellent tool to help me achieve those goals and expectations of myself and that others have of me!!!
Besides, you ladies rock so much more than the roughneck guys i used to work around!!! :)
They are so jealous of my career move/change!!!

Oooh! Now we ALL want to know what you did before! Lol. :biggrin:

For me it also has to be the clients. Also, keeping up-to-date with new techniques. After only doing natural nails for years the jump to shellac was quite daunting but after reading lots of tips on here and doing a shellac attack course I've loved every minute of it. My new challenge is additives which are arriving tomorrow and I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back