what makes xxx treatment amazing !?!?!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkat2008

Reaction score
Okay - so I am looking for what you guys think makes treatments amazing, makes you want to go back again and again, or what little things you do to make people come back.

The reason I am asking is because I have an AMAZING offer out for March to pull people in - but I want to make sure they keep coming back. I have heard I do a great job - but because of our crappy location we dont get walk by traffic. SO - I put this offer out and just from emailing/telling about 100 people I got 16 bookings. SO - I am making some photocopies of this deal and walking around day after tomorrow handing it out to businesses.

BUT - I want to make sure I WOW people when they come in!!

SO - I want to know what are the little "extras" you find make a big difference for your clients?

I am definately adding massaging to hands/feet/scalp (will ask what they would prefer) to my facial treatments while their mask is on. I also found an AMAZING warming mask that works wonders and is perfect for massaging - and heats while you do it.

Anything else?

THANKS IN ADVANCE - YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!
:)

I would say the massage is a great idea. Sometimes I get a hair cut just for the scalp massage lol. Outstanding customer service and a very clean and quiet environment would make it really hard for me NOT to come back too.

Also some type of loyalty program makes me want to go back. Even if I have to have 10 treatments to get 10 dollars off (which is not a big percentage) I want to work to get it. It would make me think twice about going somewhere else.

hths

Actually, the card thing is something I was thinking of doing...

have ten pedicures and get one free

OR

would you have a dollar amount?

When I do a full body massage I always have warm towels to place over the part of the body I've just massaged, simple but really effective, clients always comment on it after.hth xx

warm beds, lush smells, flowing hands and a therapist that dosent over sell herself. i also like it when the therapist remembers things i have spoken to her about from other appointments. its nice to be known on a personal level

warm beds, lush smells, flowing hands and a therapist that dosent over sell herself. i also like it when the therapist remembers things i have spoken to her about from other appointments. its nice to be known on a personal level

thats so true, i really try to remember something about each client and when its something important to them it shows that you care, i think anyway.
Also i make sure i complement clients when they've lost weight or have a nice top on or something like that, just showing an interest really.
From what i'm told by my regulars i think its just trying to be friendly and putting them at ease and thats what keeps them coming back xx
as well as fabulous treatments of course!:wink2:
oh and good relaxing music

thanks guys!

Keep em coming.

I love the warm towel idea - always have, just cant afford a warmer just yet, a few other things on the list I need more!

I did the hand/arm massage on my facial client this morning - she LOVED it :) WOO HOO!

thanks guys!

Keep em coming.

I love the warm towel idea - always have, just cant afford a warmer just yet, a few other things on the list I need more!

I did the hand/arm massage on my facial client this morning - she LOVED it :) WOO HOO!
For dry warm towels, you can use some kinds of heaters, or a heated towel rail. The towel rails are only cheap.

Can I ask what this amazing offer is?

I just place my towels on the radiator which is at the side of the treatment couch no need for a warmer then xx

I just place my towels on the radiator which is at the side of the treatment couch no need for a warmer then xx

That's what I do as well. Clients loove it and always comment on how nice the warm towels feel.

I read this thread just before going to do a full body massage last night (I'm mobile) As I started I noticed the radiator next to me so I warmed a few towels on them and placed over the areas I'd just massaged as I went along. She loved it! In fact she said it was best massage she'd ever had and she's been having them for 30 years !!! :lol: Made it extra special.

Thanks for tip x

It's surprising how something so simple can make such a difference to a treatment.

One of our clients mentioned a while ago that she was given a voucher & therefore went to a 'spa' in our town for a massage. This place charges about 25% more than we do for a full body massage (and we're by no means the cheapest salon). Anyway, they didn't have warm towels and the client, having had warm towels on previous occasions at ours, wasn't impressed with the other place at all.

It's the little things that people remember and will keep coming back for.

I read this thread just before going to do a full body massage last night (I'm mobile) As I started I noticed the radiator next to me so I warmed a few towels on them and placed over the areas I'd just massaged as I went along. She loved it! In fact she said it was best massage she'd ever had and she's been having them for 30 years !!! :lol: Made it extra special.

Thanks for tip x

Thats ok hun. Glad it worked for you, hope she becomes a regular for you xxxx

I use steamed mitts as part of my treatments - adds a touch of 'spa' to the treatment.

I also over an eye pillow.

Hi, just wandered when you are placing the warm towels over your massage client are you removing the ones that you have covered them up with, in the first place (swapping them for the warm ones)? thanks

When I've massaged the back for instance, I keep one hand firmly at the bottom of the back then reach over with the other hand and grab the warm towel and place over the back and apply pressure. Then I'll move onto backs of legs so I'll remove the towel thats on the legs and place on radiator, when I've finished massaging the leg I'll grab the warm towel again. Does that make sense, sorry if I've rambled xx

Hi All,
What a great question.....
Here a few things i do/have that clients always comment on;
  • A heated electric blanket on my couch
  • extra blankets under the couch cover to make the bed more comfy.
  • lovely thick soft blanket to cover clients with
  • A head and neck support that the clients head rests in.
  • Hot towels used
  • music playing
  • candles lit
What is the great offer that you are doing?

Emma x:hug:

If you're looking to wow especially on this particular day the things I would include would be:

- Definitely have a spring clean. I know we all keep our work areas and salons in clean shape, but a real scrubbing spring clean where everything gets cleaned can really make a difference (including the insides of the windows).

- Having fresh flowers delivered from the florist in time for that date is always a nice touch.

- Making sure you definitely have enough blankets on the couches and that there's more than enough towels etc to go around.

-If you expect to be busy then theres a possibilty that you will get behind so I would go out and get some magazines that are current for that week, for your waiting room, in case people have to wait a few minutes.

-Make sure you have enough of everything product wise if you will be busier than usual.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back