What makes you posh?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband and I aren't posh. We weren't brought up with money. But by golly we are utter snobs now! I won't let him drive down certain roads when I'm in the car because it could ruin my good mood. :wink2:

Standards are now higher. I don't look down on anyone, ever, unless they are scum, and by scum I mean living on benefits because they're lazy, robbing, drug addicts, etc.

So, because we can afford it, and not because we're posh it's private education for our girls. There will be no horse riding as it's cruel. Holidays to the south of France, because we can and we like it. No Mexico or Benidorm for us. Money can't buy class as I said before, but I like to think I had a bit of class before I had money.

I have tears. Brilliant

My aunt has a friend who lives in a manor house. They work like dogs to maintain the place.
They have rare breed sheep and are getting tweed made from the wool.
Tweeds are posh. I fancy a sensible pleated skirt and some leather brogues.

Do posh people work or just pretend to?

I must be posh. I 'ad a private educashun. Wiv elecushun lessuns.

I must be posh. I 'ad a private educashun. Wiv elecushun lessuns.

So did I. Boarding school in fact. Wiv elecushun lessons and I can play the violin and piano I'll have you know.

Thank you for you pm. I'll reply in a minute. X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My husband and I aren't posh. We weren't brought up with money. But by golly we are utter snobs now! I won't let him drive down certain roads when I'm in the car because it could ruin my good mood. :wink2:

Standards are now higher. I don't look down on anyone, ever, unless they are scum, and by scum I mean living on benefits because they're lazy, robbing, drug addicts, etc.

So, because we can afford it, and not because we're posh it's private education for our girls. There will be no horse riding as it's cruel. Holidays to the south of France, because we can and we like it. No Mexico or Benidorm for us. Money can't buy class as I said before, but I like to think I had a bit of class before I had money.

This thread is hilarious....ps I had a wonderful time in benidorm with my husband,we were staying 20 mins drive away at my parents 5 bedroom villa with private pool and ocean views! So 'posh' people do go to benidorm too

I'm so posh, my clothes are "Florence & Fred" and the reason that makes me posh is because I don't care. :D

Do posh people work or just pretend to?

Do they really need to pretend?

I love it when adults still refer to their parents as "Mummy and Daddy". That always sounds a bit posh.

This thread is hilarious....ps I had a wonderful time in benidorm with my husband,we were staying 20 mins drive away at my parents 5 bedroom villa with private pool and ocean views! So 'posh' people do go to benidorm too

We did the same in Aiya Napa. :wink2:

I'm so posh, my clothes are "Florence & Fred" and the reason that makes me posh is because I don't care. :D

I prefer the gok wan collection myself at tu....

I find hilarious when I discover these overtly posh people are complete phoneys and put it all on!!!!!!!!

I find hilarious when I discover these overtly posh people are complete phoneys and put it all on!!!!!!!!

The real ones have holes in their jumpers with dog hairs all over them. Wellington boots, a cap and a load of crumbs in their beards (and that's just the women) Wanna be's are wearing jimmy choos and Mulberry handbags.

The real ones have holes in their jumpers with dog hairs all over them. Wellington boots, a cap and a load of crumbs in their beards (and that's just the women) Wanna be's are wearing jimmy choos and Mulberry handbags.

A bit of black down the fingernails too from mucking out the horses before dashing out to the shops

My sister has extremely posh in laws. These are my observations.They have a tiny old tv that they only switch on for BBC news. They drive an old banger. Their house is always freezing (posh people don't feel the cold). They have afternoon tea and cake (on ancient chipped crockery). They are the nicest family I have ever met.
Me I'm council white trash

And a ride on mower, a quad bike for getting round the estate and a toy poodle called Snookie.
They talk about 'my club', wear smoking jackets and put Scotch in their decanters.
Ok, I watch too much tele.

Hit the nail on the head there!
My parents and my best friends parents won the lottery (separately) the same summer.
They are no different than they have ever been, in fact neither have even moved house as they love where they live. They did extensive work to them but that's it. Paid debts off etc but been sensible. Money doesn't make you posh. They were all wonderful people before the win and still are now and are the most down to earth people you could meet :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Let's not forget the old banger of a Volvo estate that's been the most reliable motor they have ever had!

Let's not forget the old banger of a Volvo estate that's been the most reliable motor they have ever had!

Oh crap my mum is posh then 🙈

Oh crap my mum is posh then 🙈

Haha I would be proud to be seen in a posh car like that! Xxxxx

Latest posts

Back