What makes you posh?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyMuffin

Reaction score
Just had half an eye on Gogglebox. The posh couple make me smile. They quaff Vodka and swear like troopers. Even the dog looks posh.

Was just wondering if any of you are posh? :D

Or does anyone know what qualities make you posh?

A girl at work today asked where I live. We live in the same town however I live in like a private estate which has it's own security etc so she said ahhh so you're on the posh side then. Then others went on to say well she is posh.

I'm not at all. My other half is extremely posh so I guess It's just what others see of me. I don't understand it! Lol

A girl at work today asked where I live. We live in the same town however I live in like a private estate which has it's own security etc so she said ahhh so you're on the posh side then. Then others went on to say well she is posh.

I'm not at all. My other half is extremely posh so I guess It's just what others see of me. I don't understand it! Lol

Ah but what makes your OH posh? :)

There was a list of this in the paper the other day.Evidently just using the word posh makes you very Unposh.:)

There was a list of this in the paper the other day.Evidently just using the word posh makes you very Unposh.:)

Obviously I'm very common lol

This thread is great, I'm not posh so shouldn't really even be commenting

Posh to me is when people talk like the queen! X

They live a Georgian country house ( I think ) I imagine even the queen swears, I think it's the accent that's makes them sound posh, they drink cheap vodka so ain't that posh ,lol

That 'posh' couple on goggle box run a b&b because they were on an another reality programme called Four in a Bed.

When I lived in the NorthEast anyone south of Manchester was classed as posh. Now that I live in the South I know that's not true!

I do now live in a very posh village though - it's the accent that defines it for me, and the yellow corduroys. Really posh people are quite messy and lazy because they are used to having people do everything for them - eeeeh I sound a right bitch don't I?

I'm always getting called posh by my friends /boyfriend /clients, I think it's because I speak 'properly' i.e. I enunciate and don't use much slang. Clients are always surprised to learn I live and grew up in a little village down the road from them rather than a big posh house! I also find I look 'posh'?!?Outfits that would look normal or smart/casual on my friends look really formal and dressy on me!! I don't know why? But it's extremely inconvenient at times, haha!

I can't bear the word posh.

My idea of posh is that woman who was on BGT Lettuce Robotham ha. She had me in kinks the way she spoke!
I'm soooooo not posh. Typical working class Geordie and proud :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm always getting called posh by my friends /boyfriend /clients, I think it's because I speak 'properly' i.e. I enunciate and don't use much slang. Clients are always surprised to learn I live and grew up in a little village down the road from them rather than a big posh house! I also find I look 'posh'?!?Outfits that would look normal or smart/casual on my friends look really formal and dressy on me!! I don't know why? But it's extremely inconvenient at times, haha!

Im not posh in the slightest but im like this I always look really dressed up where my friends in the same outfits look casual it's odd, I can't work out why. I have been told I talk posh but I actually do switch it on and off when I go back to where I grew up I start using slang and swearing but I have no idea why I do this I feel like thats false and put on

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I live in quite a strange area regarding the whole posh debate, at one time the village was split in 2 with your posh v council estate. Now there isn't much difference but the people that live on the so called posh side still think they are slightly above everyone else. This results in a realist V ten bob millionaire society, anyone that lives in this type of area will know what I mean LOL x

That 'posh' couple on goggle box run a b&b because they were on an another reality programme called Four in a Bed.

When I lived in the NorthEast anyone south of Manchester was classed as posh. Now that I live in the South I know that's not true!

I do now live in a very posh village though - it's the accent that defines it for me, and the yellow corduroys. Really posh people are quite messy and lazy because they are used to having people do everything for them - eeeeh I sound a right bitch don't I?

I agree my friends are very wealthy and the house are a mess they can't be bothered to clean anything!

My aunt can pick up posh people on her radar. Her voice goes like Camilla and I'm looking at her like 'whos that talking'
She's a very convincing posh person lol

Posh to me would be someone with a title or a barrister ect!
Money in my eyes dose not make you posh it's your upbringing.
Just my viewxx

where I come from ...posh = fur coat and no knickers!

I used to wear a fur coat to work... I never understood what they were trying g to say... til now !!

Being a member of the National Trust ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back