What motivates you to clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren121

Reaction score
Well as the title says what give you motivation?

I live between my mum and dads and my boyfriends, tidying up at his isn't a problem and same in the front room and kitchen at home but my bedroom I just never seem to have the motivation to do it and every time I think oh I'll do it later later never seems to come!

My motivation is when I go to other people's houses and it's so lovely ~ I get house envy so go home and make mine look as nice as possible!! Xx

Yeah I'm like that but just can't get the motivation to do my bedroom cos I know that no-one will see it [emoji85] xx

I always listen to music and instead of dancing round it's my motivation to pick something up and put it away! I always feel better after listen to good music and cleaning/tidying away!

I love cleaning , I literally clean bathroom and kitchen every day Hoover everyday and polish every other day !! Live a clean house X

I'm a clean freak, I have a daily rota in my head of what I'm going to do and when between children's nap times and food, and play times, and it just plays on my mind if it's not done, I think it was more drilled into me from a young age, my mum would be up at midnight cleaning windows because she hadn't done it and it was in her head to do it for that day, although now at 64 she's a lot more relaxed about cleaning and I don't go to them extremes

Not sure I belong on this thread lol

I hate cleaning, hate it and plan to have a cleaner as soon as I can justify the cost.

I clean only because I don't like it dirty and that's my motivation I guess. I get no enjoyment from it whatsoever! :)

I'm a clean freak, I have a daily rota in my head of what I'm going to do and when between children's nap times and food, and play times, and it just plays on my mind if it's not done, I think it was more drilled into me from a young age, my mum would be up at midnight cleaning windows because she hadn't done it and it was in her head to do it for that day, although now at 64 she's a lot more relaxed about cleaning and I don't go to them extremes
I'm the same it has to be done lol

We've had builders for several months now and the dust and constant mess is driving me insane so that I've virtually given up cleaning.

However, my sister will be visiting soon so I'm going to have to make a humongous effort to get it sorted, despite the ongoing building work. I'm thinking of paying for professional cleaners but if feels too manky even for them to come in. :eek::rolleyes:

Snap I'm the same and so is my mum I go to see her and she's cleaning windows and I say stop I'm here let's have a tea and catch up and she's like no I need to finish the window lol

We've had builders for several months now and the dust and constant mess is driving me insane so that I've virtually given up cleaning.

However, my sister will be visiting soon so I'm going to have to make a humongous effort to get it sorted, despite the ongoing building work. I'm thinking of paying for professional cleaners but if feels too manky even for them to come in. :eek::rolleyes:

I had 2 workmen at mine last week but only for a day thank god they were doing installation work and they made so much mess and then they used my clean toilet and wee'd everywhere. I was a state. I wanted to throw them out. I only made them one cup of tea so they wouldn't use my loo

I do have a cleaner however I still do some myself I specially have a deep clean when I'm in a mood with the hubby but it's a way of dropping a hint that I'm ignoring him/ or not wanting to talk to him. He kinda gets the hint after a while then wants to make up. Then I open a bottle of wine and all is good [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I get really stressed with mess and clutter. I can't keep on top of the house and garden and it drives me mad. Kids do nothing regardless of how I've tried to motivate them. My son cuts the grass for a fiver and that's about it.

I'm at the stage that my downstairs and upstairs looks like 2 different houses! I work from home so that's an added pressure as it needs to be immaculate for clients coming in.

I do have a cleaner however I still do some myself I specially have a deep clean when I'm in a mood with the hubby but it's a way of dropping a hint that I'm ignoring him/ or not wanting to talk to him. He kinda gets the hint after a while then wants to make up. Then I open a bottle of wine and all is good [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I'm exactly the same minus the hubby [emoji23]

If I'm really upset I go into cleaning mode big time lol. I'm so happy when my living room is spotless and feet up with a glass of prosecco [emoji4]

Urgh! Cleaning!!

I moved, with my dad, a few months ago. And we made a deal to take it in turns. Every now and then I run the vacuum round but we only have a cordless so runs out pretty quick.

He's supposed to clean the bathroom and its gross. I'm embarrassed to let people use it. But I'm stubborn and refuse to do it.

I'm supposed to do the kitchen. And it's (nearly) always clean but REALLY messy...

My room is a sh** pit. I'd love to have a tidy room. But I just can't do it?!

Urgh! Cleaning!!

I moved, with my dad, a few months ago. And we made a deal to take it in turns. Every now and then I run the vacuum round but we only have a cordless so runs out pretty quick.

He's supposed to clean the bathroom and its gross. I'm embarrassed to let people use it. But I'm stubborn and refuse to do it.

I'm supposed to do the kitchen. And it's (nearly) always clean but REALLY messy...

My room is a sh** pit. I'd love to have a tidy room. But I just can't do it?!
This is me! But when I do its its spotless and I love having all my floor space free again!

I would love to come clean for everyone I really enjoy it. Mind u I am a bit odd

I enjoy it too, I get satisfaction out of thinking ah all lovely and clean, the most challenging job is the bathroom though, it gets so dusty [emoji30] drives me crazy, I don't own a mop either because id rather get on my hands and knees and clean to floors, I don't know if that's the normal thing or I'm strange - I hate mops [emoji52]

What gets me is the frequency that it all needs doing. I mean, it's constant. There is always something needing doing ... Can never get it all clean & tidy together and there's always something else nagging away

Coco I'll give you my address lol

I enjoy it too, I get satisfaction out of thinking ah all lovely and clean, the most challenging job is the bathroom though, it gets so dusty [emoji30] drives me crazy, I don't own a mop either because id rather get on my hands and knees and clean to floors, I don't know if that's the normal thing or I'm strange - I hate mops [emoji52]

I've got a mop but everything I use it I put it in my washing machine on a hot wash lol I love hoovering dust

Latest posts

Back