What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dee, at least you're getting people.. I've been trying the same tactic whilst I get my timings down (I try and practise as much as possible on my nail trainer but it feels so far from a real hand of nails, which puts me off using it). I wrote up a brief "spiel" to intimate that my appointment times are longer than you might be used to- most people in my area go to NSS salons so are used to e-filed 30 min acrylics but that my price reflects this and the only people who've made steps to follow through from an enquiry to a booking have been people with unrealistic ideas for their nails- three people now, all who've sent me photos of severely bitten nails, all wanting stiletto/ballerina long nails! I practised a set of acrylic french on my nail trainer today as I feel like I've not done a set in aaages....

As for OHs, mine equates him relaxing on his xbox to me practising nails..GAH! If only!!!! right now practising nails is a LOT less satisfying...!

See... this is what I need, words of encouragement, not "haven't you done them yet?"....that's all I hear off my other half lol x
My other half was like that but doesn't complain anymore. I also bore him to death with nails so he always critique them for me. In the beginning he used to be able to point out area for improvement and now he always is like wow they look really good. Will feel good and your oh won't mind you taking a while when you get to that stage! Xxx

Dee, at least you're getting people.. I've been trying the same tactic whilst I get my timings down (I try and practise as much as possible on my nail trainer but it feels so far from a real hand of nails, which puts me off using it). I wrote up a brief "spiel" to intimate that my appointment times are longer than you might be used to- most people in my area go to NSS salons so are used to e-filed 30 min acrylics but that my price reflects this and the only people who've made steps to follow through from an enquiry to a booking have been people with unrealistic ideas for their nails- three people now, all who've sent me photos of severely bitten nails, all wanting stiletto/ballerina long nails! I practised a set of acrylic french on my nail trainer today as I feel like I've not done a set in aaages....

As for OHs, mine equates him relaxing on his xbox to me practising nails..GAH! If only!!!! right now practising nails is a LOT less satisfying...!
It's so difficult to start up when you lack confidence and are not 100% sure if you're doing everything right isn't it, you try and reflect experience in pricing as you hope this will give you people to work on and gain some experience, but it backfires half the time! I feel your pain....my partner is a tattooist and is quick when he works....he's confident and doesn't understand what I find so hard...my come back to him is, "well I find it easy to get the vacuum out occasionally, clearly you can't seem to master that" lol. We'll have to keep each other motivated, chin up sweet pea x

My other half was like that but doesn't complain anymore. I also bore him to death with nails so he always critique them for me. In the beginning he used to be able to point out area for improvement and now he always is like wow they look really good. Will feel good and your oh won't mind you taking a while when you get to that stage! Xxx
He tries to take an interest for my sake I think, but he can't get his head around what takes me so long, and if I'm honest neither can I lol x

He tries to take an interest for my sake I think, but he can't get his head around what takes me so long, and if I'm honest neither can I lol x
I'm still not quick cos I only do nails part time. The main thing is you and your clients are happy with the service you give xx you will be fine xxx take loads of pics so you can see your improvement xxx they are all nicely smooth on the top which was something I struggled with in the beginning getting like dents I hadn't even noticed until I put colour on the top so they look really neat. Work at trying to get the shapes as uniform as possible. Gamma Lambert has a video showing how to file a tapered square and coffin xx

Blue + glitters :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 159
Blue + glitters :)
They look really good....I can't apply that close to the cuticle I'm scared to death they'll lift lol x

They look really good....I can't apply that close to the cuticle I'm scared to death they'll lift lol x
These are gel extensions, I don't apply gel so close, I leave a wee bit bigger space, then I put gel polish on top and put it as close as I can to cuticle :)

I'm carrying on practising freehand nail art... today's effort is an ickle parrot to help distract me from how badly my nails need redoing!

Parrot Nail.jpg

Cuccio Nude-a-Tude with Lecente Rhubarb! <3

Attachments

• nude.jpg
    nude.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 149
Yay u got the rhubarb out to play

Yesss [emoji119]
I now absolutely love it, have it on my toes too [emoji16]

Thanks for your rhubarb inspo!!!

Yesss [emoji119]
I now absolutely love it, have it on my toes too [emoji16]