What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first take on chrome :( not to happy 15192564_338393609867545_6842434513103560309_n.jpg 15178944_338393633200876_6683326091579115094_n.jpg

I still have my real flowers encapsulated in gel.

Attachments

• flowers.png
    flowers.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 118
I still have my real flowers encapsulated in gel.
What gel or acrylic did you use for this, I've got some flowers I want to try but not sure how to encapsulate them. Would gel or acrylic be better? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    741.8 KB · Views: 135
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480438681.792628.jpg

A bit messy on the edges and not perfect stamping I know but I wanted to try the stamping followed by chrome method!
My teenage son said that clients my age would like this design but not the young ones!!! [emoji35][emoji35] I don't know what he means ....

All shellac products:
Base coat
Locket love x1
Layer it x1
Konad stamped design in Konad bright red
Gold Chrome scrubbed in with a foam applicator
Duraforce top coat x1

Most pleased with the fact I had no patches to fix when I wiped with dsperse [emoji122][emoji122]

I'm hoping that if the chrome starts to wear the locket love gold below will hide the fact!

View attachment 202332

A bit messy on the edges and not perfect stamping I know but I wanted to try the stamping followed by chrome method!
My teenage son said that clients my age would like this design but not the young ones!!! [emoji35][emoji35] I don't know what he means ....

All shellac products:
Base coat
Locket love x1
Layer it x1
Konad stamped design in Konad bright red
Gold Chrome scrubbed in with a foam applicator
Duraforce top coat x1

Most pleased with the fact I had no patches to fix when I wiped with dsperse [emoji122][emoji122]

I'm hoping that if the chrome starts to wear the locket love gold below will hide the fact!

Following my first attempt with chrome today, I'm keen to try the stamping method next time with my new Crimbo decorations plate :)

What gel or acrylic did you use for this, I've got some flowers I want to try but not sure how to encapsulate them. Would gel or acrylic be better? Thanks

It can be done with gel or acrylic. I used a soak off gel, as I was not sure how they would turn out as I usually use ibd extreme gel. I used a nail form to create a base layer, I then build up the nail bed and cured, I placed the flowers on the free edge and flash cured to keep them in place. I then used the builder gel to create the apex and to cover and give strength.

Young nails acrylic in cover pink.. My first ever set loads to improve on but they could be worse :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 70
Young nails acrylic in cover pink.. My first ever set loads to improve on but they could be worse :)
That's a beautiful cover pink, well done on your first ever set xx

Following my first attempt with chrome today, I'm keen to try the stamping method next time with my new Crimbo decorations plate :)
It's so easy [emoji173]️ and looks so good

what do you mean sugared? what's this technique?
The glitter isn't top coated.
Apply a no wipe top coat and sprinkle glitter in. A gentle press then cure, wipe off excess and buff edges

The glitter isn't top coated.
Apply a no wipe top coat and sprinkle glitter in. A gentle press then cure, wipe off excess and buff edges
Hmm atm I don't have a no wipe top coat. Which one do you suggest? I use shellac btw

Hmm atm I don't have a no wipe top coat. Which one do you suggest? I use shellac btw
I used Nsi glaze n go led which is great as it's a thick gel so really secures the glitter however I've only used that over acrylic.
I also use CJP but they don't do international shipping yet [emoji20]

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480546985.296148.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480546995.176778.jpg

Magpie Emily. Work Xmas night out on Sat so perfect excuse to go all out [emoji92][emoji92][emoji173]️

I removed and re-applied gel nails using nail forms, with pink french look to fingers, just need to file the thumbs down from the last set as they are way too long for this set.

Attachments

• pink tips.png
    pink tips.png
    489.3 KB · Views: 152
I used Nsi glaze n go led which is great as it's a thick gel so really secures the glitter however I've only used that over acrylic.
I also use CJP but they don't do international shipping yet [emoji20]

I tried the sugaring effect with a normal top coat, the glitter was secured in the top coat and I gave it a wipe afterwards.

I tried the sugaring effect with a normal top coat, the glitter was secured in the top coat and I gave it a wipe afterwards.
I've tried it too and it looked lovely I just found it didn't last as long

Latest posts

Back