What nails with this dress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murnettie

Reaction score
A client has sent me a picture of this dress that Shes wearing to her sons communion and wants me to shellac her nails, she's leaving the colour up to me, what do you think? I was thinking maybe cake pop or strawberry smoothie with some sparkle? Or any other ideas?

Would help of course if I attached the picture! Duh

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367353547.344062.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367353547.344062.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 340
Image looks a underexposed (plus white balance could be off) and each of our screens show slightly different colour balance, so trying to match a colour from the photo could be hit & miss. Ask her to bring the dress along and suggest some ideas from there. Xx

How about snakeskin effect? Guess it depends whether she wants something understated or whether she's up for something more striking? Dress looks like a snakeskin design? :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367357840.883487.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367357840.883487.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 216
How about snakeskin effect? Guess it depends whether she wants something understated or whether she's up for something more striking? Dress looks like a snakeskin design? :) x

Love those!!!

How about Matt hot pop pink? Looks like the material is flat but busy so maybe colour but not a design?

I thought of the snakeskin done with netting also.

I would suggest the snakeskin effect over an ombre effect to match the colours.

They look lovely, I haven't tried this snakeskin effect yet, might have a play and see if I can do it, thanks a mill

Love those!!!

How about Matt hot pop pink? Looks like the material is flat but busy so maybe colour but not a design?

Will try a colour pop with this too, shes more or less up for anything so it will be a chance to experiment

Look forward to seeing what you create! Love clients like that happy days!

Id say a nice shade of purple :)

the snakeskin effect looks very very cool! I was thinking of pink hues.. maybe a lavender pink .. with the snake skin effect on top, or any other effect you think could look interesting. It would be subtle and not too overstated as her dress appears quite bold already with the pattern.

i would just ask if she is wearing anything over the top of this frock as this may influence your colour choice. i only mention this because it is often considered bad form to have naked shoulders in church.
have fun...defo thinking snake skin myself

Latest posts

Back