What nationality are you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Born in Scotland , grew up in London , the. Moved to south coast of uk , then Italy for a while , then Germany and now living in Kansas USA .
Not planing any more moves just yet but who knows what's round the corner .

I'm a mutt. On my dad's side- Cambodian for the most part. My mom- her dad was Chinese. Her mother was Lao. (From Laos. The country sandwiched between Thailand and Vietnam... no one ever knows what I'm talking about when I say Lao or Laotion.) I'm obvi a mix of them 3 ethnicities, but I'm American-born... Now I'm here in the UK. I mainly speak Lao and English, and little bit of Thai and Cambodian.

I was born and raised in Australia so im an Aussie but my parents and 4 brothers were all born in Holland but emigrated to Australia. They have dual nationality. I live in England, married to an Englishman and my kids were born here so they're English too.

Elaine, you look Armenian to me too! :biggrin:

Yay another Aussie!
:D

Im the same! Im cambodian, thai and chinese..my kids are all the above but lao mixed in..im from the states though :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a mix. Born and raised in Australia, my dad was born in Bosnia and grew up in Croatia (my mums Croatian too) then both immigrated to aus. My dad's mum is Italian and dad's dad is Ukrainian. My mum's mum is polish and her dad is Croatian xx

I'm born and bred English, in the same town all my life. My Mum was born in America but has been in England since she was 4. My Dad is English but his Dad was Welsh and his Mum German so a bit of a mix going on lol.

Xx

Just plain old English darhhhling....

ALL my family are from London, mothers East End (Plaistow) and fathers side from Holloway... I was born in Essex, moved down south when I was 4 and have been down south ever since!

Oooh I live in Islington! (Angel end though!)

My parents are from Mauritius and came over in the 60's, so myself and my siblings were born here.

A mix of English, Irish, Malaysia and a bit of Scottish...lol!

Im the same! Im cambodian, thai and chinese..my kids are all the above but lao mixed in..im from the states though :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey! You're in IL too! I was born & raised in Chi :D

I'm British really though my mums Canadian so I suppose I'm half Canadian lol x

I hate nationally talk
I'm 2nd generation british but I have to put down I'm of Pakistani ethnicity everywhere. So I don't feel 100% British.

My kids are 3rd generation british - when my son was born I put his ethnicity as British, the midwife cross it out in front of me and put him as Pakistani ethnicity!

I mean after how many generation are you classed as British!

When I was young, I was called paki by school bullies!

I often feel like I don't have a nationally, I'm not pakistani, I can't even speak their language! And as I'm coloured I feel I can't claim to be british!

I hate nationally talk
I'm 2nd generation british but I have to put down I'm of Pakistani ethnicity everywhere. So I don't feel 100% British.

My kids are 3rd generation british - when my son was born I put his ethnicity as British, the midwife cross it out in front of me and put him as Pakistani ethnicity!

I often feel like I don't have a nationally, I'm not pakistani, I can't even speak their language! And as I'm coloured I feel I can't claim to be british!

You are what you are. You are British. You were born in GB. You grew up in GB. You live in GB. You speak English. Same with your children. You just happen to have an ethnic background. Only an ignorant person would have a hard time accepting that a non-Caucasian person could be a national to a first world country. :lol: That midwife was wrong.

Born and raised in Australia, parents are German and Maori. People I meet always ask if I am Italian tho :\

I hate nationally talk

That's awful! If you were born in Britain and have lived here all your life your British surely and the same goes for your kids!? Midwifes are amazing but mine was a bit rude when I told her our daughter was called charlie, she asked what would happen if she went for an interview and they were expecting a boy!? I was so tired I just stared at her with open mouth!

I hate nationally talk

I am so sorry you feel this way! I think we live in such a wonderfully diverse country now that not accepting someone as British because their skin is brown is just narrow minded and ignorant.
I am British, with Ancestors from Ireland, India and Canada, I love our big mixing pot of a country!

I'm English bit of Jamaican in me and Irish! X

I am so sorry you feel this way! I think we live in such a wonderfully diverse country now that not accepting someone as British because their skin is brown is just narrow minded and ignorant.
I am British, with Ancestors from Ireland, India and Canada, I love our big mixing pot of a country!

England is the best place to live - I couldn't image living anywhere else. If I could I would live in the Lake District, for me it's the best place.
It's a shame, On every form I fill I need to put I'm of Pakistani background!
But it's true Like, how many generations have to pass before my children or my children's children can put down there enthnic is british!

I'm Irish and live in Belfast!but as you know that's a whole other story!lol

England is the best place to live - I couldn't image living anywhere else. If I could I would live in the Lake District, for me it's the best place.
It's a shame, On every form I fill I need to put I'm of Pakistani background!
But it's true Like, how many generations have to pass before my children or my children's children can put down there enthnic is british!

What passport do you hold ...to me that's your nationality.

Your ethnicity is different , I can understand why that would be specified as a matter of national interest . All tht information would be important for the census etc. so that's fair enough.

Same as my sisters kids are Australian of Irish ethnicity.

Latest posts

Back