What shall I cook for a romantic dinner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
O.K I am the worst cook on the earth my boiled eggs even taste rotten!! I never cook for my husband he does his own after a hard day at work of which i do feel bad about but if i ask him if he wants what me and the kids are having he always says no and comes up with some excuse ..bless!..I fully understand. I was thinking one night I'll get the kids at grandmas and make him something but not spag bol or anything like that i really want to push the boat out any ideas!! Any recipes i can steal? He'll eat anything I'm vegetarian but I'll just eat what ever without the meat as long as it tastes great for him! HELP ME PWEEESEx:hug:I must add he's a fantastic cook so i've alot to live up to!

Try beef stroganoff. It's quck, easy and yummy.

Ingredients
675g/1½ lb beef fillet
65g/2½oz unsalted butter
1½ tbsp paprika
1 large onion, very thinly sliced
350g/12oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 tbsp sunflower oil
300ml/10fl oz soured cream
2 tsp lemon juice
small handful of parsley leaves, finely chopped
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preparation method
1.Cut the steak into slices 1cm/0.5in thick, then cut each slice across the grain into strips 1cm/0.5in wide.
2.Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the paprika and onion and cook slowly until the onion is soft and sweet, but not browned.
3.Add the mushrooms and fry gently for three minutes. Transfer the mixture to a plate and keep warm.
4.Using the same pan you cooked the onion mixture in, heat one and a half tablespoons of sunflower oil until very hot.
5.Add half the fillet steak and fry quickly, seasoning and turning it as you do so, for just over one minute. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the oil and steak.
6.Return the onion mixture to the pan and pour in the soured cream. Bring to the boil and simmer for a minute or so, until thickened.
7.Return the steak to the pan and heat very gently for one minute - the beef should not be cooked any further.
8.Stir in the lemon juice and parsley and serve with rice or potatoes.

For dessert you could have a chocolate fountain with strawberries and marshmallows. Then you can have fun feeding each other and getting messy. Plus its an aphrodesiac (sp?) xx

haha!! thanks girls!:hug:

I will def try beef strog sounds good i'll let you know how i go with it prob not till next week though! x

Cheat.:lol: Get the Marks/Sparks dine in for £10!

NO NO I always do that!! haha i have to cook all from scratch he will really appreciate that!!

NO NO I always do that!! haha i have to cook all from scratch he will really appreciate that!!
dont stress u self out , if u r wanting romantic , spend the time , decorating the table, candles , flowers ,create the atmosphere!............. and then get u self ready ! am sure he will appreciate the "afters" as much .!!:lol: dine in for 2 is perfect and really good value , even if u do the starter your self u have made a real effort , but sure most hubbies will prefer a happy unstressed " lover " for the eveing and wont mind what u have cooked as long as its u he is with xx love how u r making the effort, its hard work with young kids, work etc xx hope u enjoy x
:lol::Grope:

O,K get what your saying but i really want to cook as i never do I want to cook him something cause he's so interested in food he cooks all the time its his hobby and i always cheat and do the marks thing I want to show him I've made the effort! Of course I'll dress up do candles and all that i always do that, thats nothing new me actually cooking a meal is!!:smack:

In my experiance, a nice big juicy steak is always the best way in to a mans heart! :green:

Latest posts

Back