What shall I do with these nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
Hi my lovely geeks:hug::hug:

I have a lovely lady whom is a regular client and her daughter has asked me to start doing her own nails. I have done them before but it was when I first strated and admittedly they probably were not the best nails in the world as I found she had very challenging nail shape, when I first started doing them she informed me she can never keep a full set on and needs an appointment every 2 weeks as she always gets slight lifting or looses a couple.

She has tiny doll size nail beds I would compare them to the size of my 3year olds, they also grow past the free edge at a slight fan when they have grown that is as at present they are virtually bitten right off and has no nail plate:eek::eek: and her finger tops have become slightly swollen.

What would all you geeks suggest I have informed her I would keep them really short with no free edge for a couple of weeks and keep them natural (no P&W) however I was thinking of not using tips or forms and just sculpt straight onto her nails this once like making a bridge?? or should I use velocity tips, or eclipse or formation? although I dont want to extend as such past tip of finger? I will try and get a picture and post later today.

Any help woulf be greatly appreciated please. Thankyou:confused:

CND L&P, CND SPA MANICURE & PEDICURE, CND 1-1 SKILL BUILDING, CND MASTERS ROUTE,LIFT PREVENTION, ENHANCMENT REBALANCING, CUSTOM COLOUR BLENDING. HVLP SPRAY TANNING.

Hi my lovely geeks:hug::hug:

I have a lovely lady whom is a regular client and her daughter has asked me to start doing her own nails. I have done them before but it was when I first strated and admittedly they probably were not the best nails in the world as I found she had very challenging nail shape, when I first started doing them she informed me she can never keep a full set on and needs an appointment every 2 weeks as she always gets slight lifting or looses a couple.

She has tiny doll size nail beds I would compare them to the size of my 3year olds, they also grow past the free edge at a slight fan when they have grown that is as at present they are virtually bitten right off and has no nail plate:eek::eek: and her finger tops have become slightly swollen.

What would all you geeks suggest I have informed her I would keep them really short with no free edge for a couple of weeks and keep them natural (no P&W) however I was thinking of not using tips or forms and just sculpt straight onto her nails this once like making a bridge?? or should I use velocity tips, or eclipse or formation? although I dont want to extend as such past tip of finger? I will try and get a picture and post later today.

Any help woulf be greatly appreciated please. Thankyou:confused:

CND L&P, CND SPA MANICURE & PEDICURE, CND 1-1 SKILL BUILDING, CND MASTERS ROUTE,LIFT PREVENTION, ENHANCMENT REBALANCING, CUSTOM COLOUR BLENDING. HVLP SPRAY TANNING.

What does SHE want for the end result ?? Does she want just what she already has with a NNO?

Ideally she as looking at getting P&W enhancments when her natural growth will allow this resulting in P&W nno's. He nail beds are really tiny anyhow and with there only being 2mm of actual nail (keratin) on them O dont know how or which method would be best, even a no 9 tip would be too big for all fingers:eek: and I dont think I would be able to blend a tip.

Ohhhh help lol xx

I'd use Performance and then a do a short length custom blend French manicure and tell her to pray and be careful for a few weeks.

Thanks geeg, She has booked in today for weekly appointments which is good, I suggested for first week to come back in one week but she booked in for two weeks weekly iygwim, then for two week appt. I want to do a good job and am glad she understands she needs to help aswell and not just expect me to work wanders lol.

She did say she had them done a few weeks previous by a local salon which im sure you would know if I mention the name geeg, however I wont take chance, lol. Anyhow I was very professional and still explained as her nails were so bad condition it may not have been tech fault as they are in such bad condition it would be a miracle for anything to bond to that tiny nail plate. And aslong as she willing to try we can work together.

I am up at leigh with julia on wed for my final day on my masters seminar CC blending, im sure she will expect nothing less of me to be bending her ear,,,:):) xxxx

Latest posts

Back