what should I do??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlushBeauty1

Reaction score
I am signed up with a discount website that email you with different offers everyday, I found one that I wanted (£40.00 for a ONE HOUR full body massage, luxury facial, luxury manicure and pedicure instead of £120) and booked it! However when I went to salon I was in and out in just under an hour!! For my "manicure" the girl painted one coat of the polish without a base coat or top coat and I never had my cuticles done etc that you would usually find with a manicure. I left feeling quite unhappy and angry with myself for not saying anything. Anyway im just looking for some advice, should I email the salon and tell them about my experience? I think the therapist might rent a room but it still looks bad for the salon if she is like that with all her treatments. Thanks in advance!! xx

I would perhaps email a polite note over to them explaining your treatment and that you were left feeling disheartened and such like.

Sorry you didn't get the experience you were hoping for hun :hug:

I am signed up with a discount website that email you with different offers everyday, I found one that I wanted (£40.00 for a ONE HOUR full body massage, luxury facial, luxury manicure and pedicure instead of £120)

Re-read the e-mail and check the wording exactly as this could be read as one hour treatment for all of the following. I hope it didn't mean this but they could say that was what it meant. Anyway, what you received wasn't a luxury manicure by the sounds of it! I would have said something before I left the salon as leaving without saying anything could be seen as you being happy with what you received.

Regardless of all this, I would certainly follow it up now and see what they can do for you.

Re-read the e-mail and check the wording exactly as this could be read as one hour treatment for all of the following. I hope it didn't mean this but they could say that was what it meant. Anyway, what you received wasn't a luxury manicure by the sounds of it! I would have said something before I left the salon as leaving without saying anything could be seen as you being happy with what you received.

Regardless of all this, I would certainly follow it up now and see what they can do for you.

"£40 instead of £117 for the ultimate summer indulgence package, including a one-hour Swedish or aromatherapy massage, deluxe facial, deluxe pedicure and manicure" Thats what the voucher said so you could be right, they might say it was a one hour treatment. I know I should have said something, i'm kicking myself now lol!

Thanks for advice girls :) xx

This might sound harsh, but there's no such thing as a free lunch. Call me cynical, but I'm not at all surprised. Sorry!
Caveat Emptor. It always pays to ask lots of questions beforehand. Still, you live and learn.
Shame though, they've lost a potential customer as a result.

it says INCLUDING A ONE HOUR SWEDISH OR AROMATHERAPY MASSAGE, so you should have been in for a hour massage plus time it takes for a facial, luxury mani and pedi.

if it states luxury that does not imply mini treatments.

I would complain.

so what did they actually give you whilst you were there? it mst of been the fastest, most unrelaxing hour youve ever had if you had a full body massage, facial, mani and pedi. its not even 15 mins per treatment. i would definatly complain. let us know how you get on x

"£40 instead of £117 for the ultimate summer indulgence package, including a one-hour Swedish or aromatherapy massage, deluxe facial, deluxe pedicure and manicure" Thats what the voucher said so you could be right, they might say it was a one hour treatment. I know I should have said something, i'm kicking myself now lol!

Thanks for advice girls :) xx

If you look at it in a cynical way, it could also be read as for the hour you get all those treatments, the deluxe part could just mean luxury, high end products. Now, I would hope it actually meant hour massage, deluxe other treatments of full treatment length too but I'm not surprised they cut things short. You should look at the terms and conditions next time to double check but it has put me off signing up for discount vouchers! Sorry you had to be the one to find out x

I kind of agree with Lynne. I would have been suspicious myself over the price to begin with.

Even tho we all know that when doing a discount treatment the salon could have a potential new client and should give them the best service this is often not what they give.

Too often have I gotten a less than service in a salon or a reataurant because I am using a gift card or voucher. For every therapist who thinks you are a potential new client there is one who thinks you are only there because its on sale and you will never come again so they dont have to bother much.

'£40 instead of £117' - well if they would normally charge £117 for an hour's worth of salon time, whichever way you look at it that's overpriced even if you were only having one treatment in an hour...I would complain too!

Latest posts

Back