What tanning products to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choccycake

Reaction score
Hi,
Just thought i'd ask here which self tanning products people are using on clients - i'm trying to decide what to use in my home salon.
I've been looking at the exfoliate then cream types. I went to the professional beauty show but still can't decide. I tried St tropez - very muddy looking when it goes on, and streaky although the end result is very good once the guide colour is washed off. I also tried Fake Bake gold, this went on really well, and not muddy or streaky looking at all, also a good result.
I was wondering what you use -do you have any favourites? should I be thinking about getting a small spray tanning machine instead (Tantrick or similar?). I don't want to waste money buying products that aren't very good, or that I will have to change soon.
It would be great to get your ideas.
Thanks
Choccycake x x x

Hi there, I can most definitely recommend Tantrick Spray Tanning - do a search on here there have been many many threads about this subject hun. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or email me anytime. x

choccycake said:
Hi,
Just thought i'd ask here which self tanning products people are using on clients - i'm trying to decide what to use in my home salon.
I've been looking at the exfoliate then cream types. I went to the professional beauty show but still can't decide. I tried St tropez - very muddy looking when it goes on, and streaky although the end result is very good once the guide colour is washed off. I also tried Fake Bake gold, this went on really well, and not muddy or streaky looking at all, also a good result.
I was wondering what you use -do you have any favourites? should I be thinking about getting a small spray tanning machine instead (Tantrick or similar?). I don't want to waste money buying products that aren't very good, or that I will have to change soon.
It would be great to get your ideas.
Thanks
Choccycake x x x

Hi i use solglo lovely colour
Also amber mist can be dark but like em both the same

Think its best to try them out get some samples

lis

When i went for my tanning training last week i was advised that creme application such as st tropez is going out and spray tanning is more in at the moment.

Saying that though trying to get the right solution is difficult, everyone thinks their solution is the best but i think you need to try a few diferent ones and wear the tan to see how it wears out, whether it goes patchy in certain places or streaky, is this down to the application or down to the product or the machine you are using.

There are a couple of tanning sites that are excellent for help and advice and can stop you making an expensive mistake.

www.sunless.com
www.abtan.om

HTH

tantrick:green: no contest im afraid !

Fantastic colour!

AMb x

I have a bali sun system, which is excellent, but I just dont get enough clients and have now lost confidence, not one call for it in 2 months and I work in a gym!!! I

have decided to sell my equipment as I am kept busy enough with my nails so if anyone is interested keep an eye on geekbay as I may put my kit on there.

I actually use the new dove cream and think its great!! everyone though I had spray tanned myself or been on a sunbed

I also use Bali Sun Airbrush Tan and it is very busy at the moment. I'm doing about 10 a week.

I went with the spray tan cubicle co. I only had the machine a week and a half and have done about 3 tans so far (on friends do my training on the 28th) and I must say the have all come out perfect, the colour has been really good and it has worn really well.

Hi to everybody who were nice enough to reply to me. I think for the moment i'll stick with the new Fake Bake Gold cream system. I haven't got enough spare pennies to buy a spray tanning system yet as they are really expensive, and i'm setting up my home salon (until I find a suitable room to rent) so am spending lots on skincare products etc.
Thanks again,
Choccycake x x x

Hi Everyone
I'm new on the site today so i hope I'm doing this right!!
I have been on 2 tanning courses last week, a spray and manual application. The manual was St Tropez which was very good and lovely colour but I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't comfortable exfoliating (or being exfoliated) and tan applied and body brushed around the bust area and I can see why that is going out of fashion. The spray we used was Solglo which was also a lovely colour which was different on everyone according to own skin. The spray machine was simmilar to Earlex 3000 that is Argos for £59.99 on offer at present (usually £69.99) that is used for spray paint and fences. I have made my own cubicle out of mini greenhouse frame and shower curtains so I'm just awaiting delivery of my Solglo and I have a cue of people waiting!! So it dosn't have to be expensive.
Good Luck
Mewlockie

Hi. I also use the Sol Glo solution and it is lovely. My husband made me the spray cubicle and I have the Argos Earlex machine, all you have to do is to call Earlex and get smaller needle. They are very friendly.

leni said:
Hi. I also use the Sol Glo solution and it is lovely. My husband made me the spray cubicle and I have the Argos Earlex machine, all you have to do is to call Earlex and get smaller needle. They are very friendly.

Can I ask how you have made a spray cubicle please?

Latest posts

Back