what to do with upstairs?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l33ann

Reaction score
Hi there

I own and run a hair salon in yorkshire which is doing well.

The thing is i have all of the upstairs free (4 rooms in total)
I have rented it out in the past to beauticians but some wern't there all the time so missed potential clients and one left to have a baby.
Now it is empty.
Now im wondering what to do with it ?
In my salon we only deal with hair and already have plenty of room for what we need so seems a shame for it to be empty.

Any ideas please

I'm sure you'll have lots of offers from people to rent it out now you've put it on here!!

Hi,
you could try ringing a few mobile beauticians in your area and ask whether they'd be interested in the opportunity? They'd hopefully have a client base to start with and with the right person sounds like it would work - just need someone commited don't you..
Otherwise, I do both hair & beauty in my salon, we have the hair downstairs, 1 room has a sunbed upstairs and the other room is our beauty room. I enjoy having the flexibility of putting offers on like; wash & blow, lash extensions & nails for £x.. whatever price - its just good to offer a wide range of treatments, why should you miss out on that money when I bet over 50% of your hair clients go to a nail/beauty salon and spend money there on treatments you could be offering... 4 rooms wow?! You could rent one to a nail tech = £100-£150 per week maybe (obviously differs by area), 1 to a beautician = £100-£150 per week, 1 to a holistic therapist = £100-£150 per week and maybe a spray tan room or sunbed room in the final room? U go girl.. Hope it works good for you :) xx

Why not offer the rooms to beauty therapists again? It worked before and it can work again. You said the only problems were that someone left to have a baby - people do leave, but you find replacements - and that they weren't there all the time - people can't be all the time.

If you rented each room out to a self-employed therapist, for a set amount each week, and they supplied everything and did their own bookings, you'd have the space filled, a set amount coming in each week, and nothing else to worry about really.

Thanks for your input guys. Yes that's what I thought it's just a case of finding the right person/people I think. Also was thinking of a stand up Sunbed To put in one room ? Any thoughts on those? X

Thanks for your input guys. Yes that's what I thought it's just a case of finding the right person/people I think. Also was thinking of a stand up Sunbed To put in one room ? Any thoughts on those? X

Still can't decide on sunbed lol. Any salons let rooms to tattooists? If so any comments welcome ?????

where abouts in yorkshire is your salon?

Hi I'm just wondering , were in yorkshire are you based? As I'm interested in renting a room thanks x

(I'm a nail tech) xx

Hi there,
My hairdressing salon is in Hemsworth west yorkshire (just on the border of south yorkshire).
If you need more info or would like to view rooms etc please feel free to contact me on 07766915588

Hope this helps
Leeann x

Still can't decide on sunbed lol. Any salons let rooms to tattooists? If so any comments welcome ?????

I was thinking tattooists as soon as read this! That would be cool tattoo's and piercings!!
Sunbeds are very good idea! I'd tan while I wait! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back