What to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
Hi guys need some advice from fellow geeks!!

I was offered a space in a salon a month ago I pay a daily rate and keep the rest. I offer a wide range
Of nail treatments including gelish. I have a good clientele already that I built up working from home.
Things were going well in the salon. I was getting new climbers and filling in gaps I had.

When I came back to work from pro beauty at excel I found out the owner brought another range of gel polishes and is offering them for £15 £5 cheaper than me. She also brought some gel pots so I'm guessing she thinking of offering gel nails too! I offer both these treatments plus more!

When I started here she said she was going to promote me. She wanted me here I was quite happy at home. Now I feel she pushing me
Out.
I have enjoyed working in a salon after 2 years at home and it has helped me promote myself and
I'm getting busier!
When I started here I was
Told I would be the only nail tech. I took manicure and pedicures of my price list so not to interfere with what she offers but she not doing it the other way round.
Who is gonna want me to
Do their nails if the same salon can
Do it for £5 cheaper!!

One more thing she advertised it as gelish what I use when it is actually gelicure!

Gosh what to do??
Sorry for the rant!!
X

Hmm now that's not on is it.... Maybe she is jealous how well you're doing and after pinching some of your clients! If it was me I would go back to home salon but be sure to let your clients know you're going back home salon.... I really feel for you, what an awful predicament to.be in xxx

If it were me, I would be up and out.. time to find a brand sparkly new place :)

hey hun

how concerning for you, before doing anything i would sit down and chat to the salon owner, explaining your concerns, gently reminding her of your original agreement especially as you don't offer mani's or pedi's because of her existing staff and if there is anything in your contract stating you are the sole nail technician remind her of this. If the outcome of that chat is not how you would like, i would suggest finding somewhere else or return to your home salon. If you do go somewhere else when signing a contract i would make sure that you have something in there about exclusivity to avoid any sticky situations down the line.

Good luck hun, keep calm and call that meeting.

X x x

Latest posts

Back