What to expect from NVQ3 job candidates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupy

Reaction score
I have interviews coming up and wonder what you would expect from NVQ level 3 qualified candidates - are there any treatments etc that I could or should not expect them to be able to do without further training? (They will be getting product specific training for Gerard's whom I am using for face & body range and also Naturasun training).

Any and every bit of info would be much appreciated as as most of you already know i am not a beauty therapist myself - thanks in advance

There are two routes for level three- some will have gained electrolysis and face and body machines, such as faradic and galvanic, others may have gained Indian head massage, massage and aromatherapy. There are some that have all of these (the more apt candidates).
They wil have gained theyre level two first, so will have eyelash and brow treatments, waxing, facials, manis etc.
With regard to treatments they cannot carry out, as long as they hold the qualification theyre fine. you can send them on more advanced body courses and spray tanning if that suits the business.
What treatments are you offering? Do you want to go down the more holistic route, or will you be inundated with non surgical facelifts? This should be your deciding factor with recruitment, unless you are willing to spend a fortune on more courses.
if possible, ask for a copy of theyre work experience placement record, thsi will give you an indication as to theyre willingness to learn and motivation etc.
Goodluck. HTHs :)

Thats exactly the sort of info I needed, thanks for that - funny enough, thats what got me thinking - I had noticed on CV's that some were emphasising electronics and others aromatherapy and indian head massage. Its more the holistic route we will be going down to begin with then when I make some £ I can move on to more advanced treatments. :hug:

Is there nobody else able to help - really?!

Latest posts

Back