What % to take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss belle

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help me.
I own a beauty salon & a girl I know wants to start doing hair pin ups & styling on. Friday & Saturday and for occasions such as proms and weddings .
I said I'd take a Percentage off her but have no idea how much I should take ? She will be using all her products & equipment and just using my space / chair etc

Thanks in advance 😊

30-40 % i think.

30-40 % i think.

I think 20 would be enough it she isn't washing the hair or using anything like that if she's just styling then 20% is enough if washing and things like that 30%

Yeh, I know what u mean but she will b using electric and chair space 30% is what they take in the salon i am at.

Thanks a lot ladies xxx

Ladies or gentlemen !! ...thankyou xx

I think 20 would be enough it she isn't washing the hair or using anything like that if she's just styling then 20% is enough if washing and things like that 30%

Really?!?

Really?!?

Yes really

What's the point in taking half of her money if she's not using water or much electricity all she's doing is her up.. That's what I think I wouldn't charge more than 20 -30% as I don't like to take more money than what I think it's fair lol

Yes really

What's the point in taking half of her money if she's not using water or much electricity all she's doing is her up.. That's what I think I wouldn't charge more than 20 -30% as I don't like to take more money than what I think it's fair lol

Well you'd be out of business!

Yes really

You have to think of it in the same way as booking in one client that will be there for 4 hours as opposed to 4 clients at an hour each. She is taking up a chair that could be used by a stylist who is doing cuts/colours etc and making more money for the salon. By taking 30-40% you're covering the "loss" of her not doing those other services.

You have to think of it in the same way as booking in one client that will be there for 4 hours as opposed to 4 clients at an hour each. She is taking up a chair that could be used by a stylist who is doing cuts/colours etc and making more money for the salon. By taking 30-40% you're covering the "loss" of her not doing those other services.

But this chair would be empty anyway otherwise it wouldn't be getting rented out. So even if this person is offering limited services then surely any income from them is Better than nothing.
Saying that I would say 30% seems reasonable to me.

Well if the chair is going to be empty anyway then my point is moot.

Charge her a rental fee per day. Easiest way around it.

I don't think a hairup would take 4 hours but ok

I agree with Thiago, 20%

I didnt mean that it would. It was more to illustrate a point.

Well it u kind did lol anyway just think it u had a service lets say full head highlights cut finish etc that would take over 3 hours and lets say most people charge 80 pounds for all

And in 3 hours u could do 5-6 hair up that's something like 150-200
So it she charge 20%. She would make money then if she had someone else doing highlights and charging 30-40%

Well it u kind did lol anyway just think it u had a service lets say full head highlights cut finish etc that would take over 3 hours and lets say most people charge 80 pounds for all

And in 3 hours u could do 5-6 hair up that's something like 150-200
So it she charge 20%. She would make money then if she had someone else doing highlights and charging 30-40%

3 hours you. Oils only do 3 hair ups! Quality not quantity!

I make more money styling than i do in colours because it doesn't cost me anything apart from pins and products. I think 30% is fair though :) x

3 hours you. Oils only do 3 hair ups! Quality not quantity!

Anyway some hair takes 20min some might take a hour...
I see people doing hairup in 10 mins amazing hairups...

Latest posts

Back