What to use to minimize dust?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimbabweep

Reaction score
Hey what do you use to minimise dust at your work place do you have an extractor or a fan or????? Xx sick of inhaling it so not good for the lungs x

HI!

I use a fun extractor where my girlfriends can lay their hands too. I tried to use a mask at first but it was for me uncomfortable to breath with. Sometimes I blow while I'm filing.

Oh no, you should never blow on a clients nails,
urrghhh

Look on www.nsinails.co.uk they sell a fuminator, for getting rid of some of the dust, also I have worn masks before too. Hope this helps sarah. x

I have an extractor in my desk and also built in the lamp, but to be honest my biggest dust reduction has been from using popits!

You don't get dust problems with Bio Sculpture or Gelish:)

You can make dust with any system ... just filing the natural nail makes dust.

The best way to minimise dust is to make a little as possible while you are working. Make perfect nails with your brush and you won't have to file.

Another way to minimise dust is to apply some cuticle oil before you start filing the product into shape (if you haven't made it perfect with your brush). Using oil will help 'lay' the dust so it is not in your breathing zone .. it's also good for the product.

The answer above is a silly one really as one system is just a colour coat and of course with the other you will get dust if you need to file it (which most do) Just painting a product on top of a nail is not giving clients a strong durable and long lasting enhancement option.

I find that people who can't master L&P or hard gel application ... use paint on options but they do not suit everyone and if you want to really make a serious business of nails you need to know how to do and offer all systems ... and WELL.

hi thankyou for all the replies.

Its more for when im removing nails that i need and extractor. I am looking for a box like thing that i can put on top of my table when i need it and my clients hands can go on top and i do filing etc and it goes in to the box and sucks it in?????

Any suggestions xx

You can make dust with any system ... just filing the natural nail makes dust.

The best way to minimise dust is to make a little as possible while you are working. Make perfect nails with your brush and you won't have to file.

Another way to minimise dust is to apply some cuticle oil before you start filing the product into shape (if you haven't made it perfect with your brush). Using oil will help 'lay' the dust so it is not in your breathing zone .. it's also good for the product.

The answer above is a silly one really as one system is just a colour coat and of course with the other you will get dust if you need to file it (which most do) Just painting a product on top of a nail is not giving clients a strong durable and long lasting enhancement option.

I find that people who can't master L&P or hard gel application ... use paint on options but they do not suit everyone and if you want to really make a serious business of nails you need to know how to do and offer all systems ... and WELL.

My point was, if you are doing infills, rebalancing,changing the colour, you need to file the buff off down & file to remove colour, (unless there is another way to remove buff off colours??)
If it is such a big issue with dust my point was that Bio Sculpture, Gelish (& sorry should also have said Shellac) will create a lot less dust for her.:)

Does anyone have a website where i can get one? xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back