What would you charge for this? (mobile)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busy-bee

Reaction score
I had a mobile client today with long hair for a blow dry and straighten, I charged £9 for this.
But she asked me if I would do it again for a wedding she is attending. The wedding is a long way away and they will have to leave at 7am, they are asking me to be at their house for 6am. It's a 20 minute drive away so would be a very early start for me on a Saturday :(
Would you still charge the same price? If not, what would you charge? I don't normally start till 9am as I take booking up to 7 pm
Not really sure what to say about price?

£9 for blow dry and straighten, I'm no hairdresser but wow that is cheap, by the time you take your travel time into account and time to do the work how can you make money?
I wouldn't get out of bed at 5.30 am for at least less than 5 times the usual hourly rate

wouldnt do it unless had other wedding party hair to do.

like above needs to be worth while, or she could get it done night before and just sort it herself the day of wedding.

£9??????

Are you really considering getting up that much earlier to get to them for 6am for £9??

No chance i would do it for less than at least 5 x that amount or it wouldnt be worth it for you.

Are you a busy stylist?You must have to work a huge amount of hours to make a living if your only charging £9 for a blo dry and straighten
x

you need to charge more. i started mobile a few years ago with quite low prices and learnt the hard way.clients dont like you putting your prices up. back in a salon now still do a bit of mobile but charge salon prices. if you dont want to let client down just explain you will have to charge more for the early start and travel costs hopefully she will understand she probably wont get it done anywhere else that early.:p

Latest posts

Back