What would you do with these nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi326

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390763484.464437.jpg

As I work in a place that hates l&p odour I had to do hard gel on them these nails are extremely weak but the gels have not lasted please can anyone give me any ideas how I can take these and make them beautiful

Btw the gels I did lasted about 10 days and only came off when she was doing cooking
So not sure if they cared for properly

did you use tips i would simply tip and extend not too long / uv hard/soak off builder gel/finish with gel polish of your choice, boy short, dark color looks great

Last edited:
I sculptured them originally they are not my best work but the photo does not show how short they are ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390764011.784788.jpg

Those were he natural nails I did those in shellac

i think if you could do what you have done here from one of you album pics

picture.php

What gels do u use?
I made the op short on purpose as she has 3 young kids but I am doing them again on tues

I think the length you did is about right. The only thing I can see is from the picture it looks like you've touched her sidewalls with gel - (but it may just be the picture on my phone) in which case that could lead to lifting and popping off.

im sure your gel is fine, just extend slightly further next time only a little(gives you more to shape and reflect her cuticles give a little tighter pinch to your forms, to create more of a c curve, taper it in a bit more if you get my meaning
hope this helps a little further xx

Well I am going to do a home visit to do l&p and I will use tips so it will look more pleasing to the eye

Looking at the first picture she is a biter? In which case I would suggest 10 days is good because I can guarantee they have spent half their time in her mouth lol

The length looks fine, but I would soften the corners, make them less square - firstly so they are less likely to catch something or be knocked, secondly there's less for her to 'play' with.

I always recommend weekly visits for biters with new extensions, that way you can see how they are coping and don't forget a biters nails will always grow faster. And is she using her cuticle oil at least twice a day?

She's not a biter or so she says
She says her nails have never grown as they are soft and weak.
Ps I did a repair the other week on wed and I checked her nails they were on solidly

This is one of the most challenging sets I have done her nails real life are tiny just like little girls nails

You know your client and of course I don't, but looking at those cuticles I would put money on the fact that she's not being honest with you - she is a biter!

I would go for L+P too, because there is not much nail to work with I wouldnt tip, I would do Gemma Lamberts nail biter technique, I use it on all short nails and it lasts really well. Hope you find a good solution :)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9DsG7GrLJUw

X

you are funny saying these are natural nails..lol( i know:biggrin: )
my point is they look beautiful the free edge reflects the cuticle, color application is great they look very pleasing to the eye indeed , with a few tweaks of the forms and a little extra length to work with (allowing yourself to shape as you have in the natural set )you will make these nails look more pleasing to the eye i love L&P so yes if you do use L&P send an updated picture to see if the outcome was different would be lovely to see keep up the good work xx:biggrin:
Instagram
this is what i am trying to make you visualize

if doing L&P just tip and extend xx(this is loads of nail bed for me to tip this is not a bad nail biter for me just short nails)

Last edited:
U had to use Phuong luu he is my favourite nail tech :)
I know what u mean if I like what I have done I will send photos
I get really upset with my self if I don't do things perfectly and actually loose sleep just thinking about it there is always something to learn from every situation

i know you like his work it was to keep you inspired with someone you like you stress because you are passionate and care about your working outcome, as you said we learn from every situation, you will achieve all that you want, if you believe and continue to be focused not upset ....big hugs you are doing just fine xxx:biggrin:

Thank you so much for all your help.
I just did her nails I am such a happy bunny ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390950078.434160.jpg

very different from the first set you listened then so what did you do
did you choose L&p or go gel did you infill of start from new did you go tip or forms, love the index, middle and little finger, can really see these well on screen and they look very pleasing to the eye the client must of felt well chuffed xxx

Last edited:
Couple of weeks Abi and we can have a good nail play :)
Vicki x

Latest posts

Back