What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pink Orange

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I really just wanted some opinions on what you would do if you were me. I trained in Acrylics last April and was going to open a business with my friend. The lease fell through on the perfect shop so we started out as mobile, I then rented a space in a tanning salon.

I found out many things the main being, It is really hard to make a living and build up regular clients. I then had to move towns due to finacial reasons and went back to full time admin work (a seasonal job) which finishes in October. I need to decide what I am going to do then! I could just find a new admin job...easy! But....

I can't stop thinking about the beauty industry! I love hair, nails, beauty! and that is what I want to work in but it also has to pay the bills! I am thinking if I go mobile I need to offer more services to make a decent living. I can only afford to spend a certain amount on training at the end of sept. This is what I am thinking! I can either....

A) Train in gels...offering both would be better or

B) Train in lash extensions and waxing

Sorry for such a long post, any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Don't all shout at once!!! LOL!!!

i would personaly try to get the funds together to train in a 'bread and butter' treatment ie waxing, massage etc as these are the treatments that can help you build a regular clientelle! x

Go for it! But I would do the admin job for a while first and have the nail/beauty thing more on the side until you have enough finances and decent clientele.

Latest posts

Back