What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn135

Reaction score
Hi geeks, it's 6 now, at 6.30 I have a girl booked in for nails and lashes etc. we booked this a while ago and I've since been to do her and her mums lashes and we touched on today's appt she said yes all good. I messages her on fb last night as don't have her number saying just double checking we are still on for tomorrow night? She 'seen' the message this morning and no reply. I messages her again at 2pm just seeing if she still wants the treatments as I need to know. Once again no reply. One last message at 5.30 giving her my mobile number just incase I wasn't receiving her messages. She still hasn't replied and I know she's read them as it says she has. I know I should probably leave it now but can't help thinking it's not like her as she's always been fine and recommended me to people? I don't want to turn up at hers incase she doesn't want them, but it's wierd that she hasn't said she doesn't want them as I see her most days on the school run? Sorry to waffle on what would you guys do? X

Oh no, what happened in the end? Did you have her mums number to ask her to get in touch?

How did you get on Kathryn? Did you decide to go in the end? Xx

I would get the right hump if I had previously arranged an appointment, then spoke about it again with the therapist, then received a Facebook message, then another Facebook message. . and then a third Facebook message and to top it off if then I didn't answer these Facebook messages and the therapist decided she wasn't going to attend because she didn't think I wanted the appointment - I would never return to that therapist. In fact I probably would cancel that appointment as it just seems such hard work. I think you are being over the top here. In fact over the top and down the other side. ...chill out, you arranged the appointment, you then spoke about it again.. leave it at that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I agree! Way way over the top, she agreed that she still wanted the appointment. I dont understand why u would have doubted that after she said yes.

She was probly busy and only had enough time to check msgs but not reply. If id already said yes and then recieved 3 more msgs i would of gone else where. I hope you didnt ring her mother?

Probably didn't need to send quite so many messages lovey, but in fairness it wouldn't have hurt her to reply to you. If she's seen your message a quick yes please would have sufficed. If I was your client I would have replied just so that I definitely knew you were turning up haha.
If I was you I would have gone to the appointment. I hope the booking went ahead lovey.

I sent a reminder to a client today regarding her appointment tomorrow (Sunday). I don't do this with everyone but she made the booking a few weeks back, it being Christmas and it being a Sunday (I don't want to miss out on a lazy Sunday if she's not coming ;) ) I just dropped her a quick reminder text (didnt ask her if we're still on) and said if for any reason she no longer wants the appointment could she kindly let me know and I'd see her tomorrow. I've not heard back (she didn't need to reply if she was) so im assuming she's still coming. Maybe next time a reminder text that simply says hi xxxx just a quick reminder that your appointment is at xx time. Look forward to seeing you. Kathryn. You don't have to worry about a reply and she doesn't have to unless shes canceling her appointment. Keeps it nice and simple. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What happened with the appointment? did it happen?

Never take an appointment without taking a telephone number, also ensure they have yours, get yourself a booking system (there are some good free ones available) that will allow you to book in advance and will send an automated gentle reminder text 24 hours before the appointment.

Make sure phone numbers are on client consultation forms/record cards.

If all of the above was in place you would never have to bombard someone with messages prior to an appointment. I'm sure you are not desperate or pushy but this is how it may have come across to the client.

Haha wow ok maybe next time I won't send so many! Only reason I did is that I knew she was seeing them and wanted an answer, I always double check appts beforehand and I wanted to know as I could have filled her appt time twice over if she didn't want it. She did get back to me in the end but I ended up going a bit later so it's a good job I didn't turn up at her door as she was still in work. And only then had half the treatments so I lost out on money on the end. Thanks for the advise all will take it on board xx

And no I never rang her mum, why would I do that as it wasn't her having treatments? I'm not that pushy lol x

Yes I think you have went way over the top too! She might have been genuinely busy to answer you?
To be perfectly honest I think it has made you sound desperate by constantly messaging her. If she said the night before she was still ok for the treatments then that should have been that... I always message the client when they are 15 minutes late just t double check.. I never constantly message them beforehand! Once I do if booked in far in advance!
I hope she still uses u! X

The appt was arranged a few weeks back that's why I send a reminder message. Looking back I agree I shouldn't have sent so many but like I said had I turned up at the arranged time she wasn't there anyway, so I'm glad I didn't it was just one of those times I had a funny feeling. If she had let me know she was stuck in work I could of fitted someone in before her. U know what it's like at Xmas time every penny helps lol x

Hi geeks, it's 6 now, at 6.30 I have a girl booked in for nails and lashes etc. we booked this a while ago and I've since been to do her and her mums lashes and we touched on today's appt she said yes all good. I messages her on fb last night as don't have her number saying just double checking we are still on for tomorrow night? She 'seen' the message this morning and no reply. I messages her again at 2pm just seeing if she still wants the treatments as I need to know. Once again no reply. One last message at 5.30 giving her my mobile number just incase I wasn't receiving her messages. She still hasn't replied and I know she's read them as it says she has. I know I should probably leave it now but can't help thinking it's not like her as she's always been fine and recommended me to people? I don't want to turn up at hers incase she doesn't want them, but it's wierd that she hasn't said she doesn't want them as I see her most days on the school run? Sorry to waffle on what would you guys do? X

It's easy to get stressed at this time of year but firstly, I would have a cuppa and chill the heck out.

The girl has said she wants the appointment, so you turn up at hers ready to do it - no more message carry on!

If I were your client the constant messaging would make me more inclined to cancel the appointment and find a new tech :o it may be harsh, but it's what I think.

I think sometimes you have a feeling about someone...you know they're not committing fully. I had a similar situation this week - the client had booked 2 weeks previously so I just sent her a text the day before saying "just a reminder about your appointment at xxx time today. I look forward to seeing you. "
She didn't show up. I knew you wouldn't, I had that feeling. But I work in a salon and I was there anyway so it made no difference to me. However if I was mobile like the OP then I would be a bit more edgy about it (and probably have done more to confirm) as going all the way to a clients house with all your kit and having a gut feeling about them is frustrating and costly in terms of both time and fuel.

The OP has said she maybe didn't need to send so many messages but I can understand why she did - and with good reason, as she knew. Xx

The trouble is there is nothing you can do to prevent people cancelling on you - that is life, these things happen, and yes, like you all, I know how frustrating it is. I have a computerised system remiding all clients that there appointments are due on what date an when, sent two days before they are due to come but they still don't all turn up. I've had a client say she was too busy, one forgot even with the message, someone had an accident, someone was robbed..but four cancellations over this period isn't too bad BUT if you put that into monetary value it still equates to a fair bit! Katheryn your post actually made me chuckle in a nice way - my imagination allows me to do this...I just thought that if my computerised system played up and sent 6 messages a day to my clients I would take it outside and smash it up...ha ha :lol:

It doesn't matter now as it's done and I certainly won't be pestering people about their appointments in the future :) I'm going mobile full time in the new year (just part time ATM) so will defiantly look into a computerised booking system that sends out automatic texts, sounds a lot easier than using Facebook ;) x

Latest posts

Back