What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
I don't offer gel/shellac on natural nails as I just do acrylics with overlays with Swarovski's ect as that all my clients want.
I had a girl book in the beginning of June for a full setif acrylics,she paid her £15.00 deposit but has now messaged me saying she doesn't want acrylics and just wants me to shellac her own nails!
I always book out 2hours for an appointment because that's around how long I take to do a full set plus all the extra's. I told her I only do acrylics and I'd have to move her to another date/time to squeeze get in at the beginning/end of the day so I could fill the 2hour gap! When I used to do gel on natural nails with Swarovski's ect I only charged £15 so if I'd need to fill her two hour gap so I'm not short for that day [emoji85]
Do you think that's right or should I just do them and lose out for the day?
Plus she's booked in for my first week in my new job so I'm scared enough as it is [emoji30]
Thanks xx

You can always ask her if she is willing and able to change her date, but if she can't, then I don't think you have much of a choice.
A question never hurt anyone, just don't make it sound obligatory

Maybe charge her £20 instead and then charge for art, Swarovskis etc on top? I was once told to charge per crystal for Swarovskis and they told me £1... I personally never worked this way but it's always a thought. And I would ask her about moving appointment or maybe advertise that a space has opened up for a natural nail gel polish treatment and try book another client for the same type of thing? X

I get clients turning up and saying they've changed their mind and want a gel polish instead. It's a pain but I've never charged them extra for the lost time and she has told you.

I get clients turning up and saying they've changed their mind and want a gel polish instead. It's a pain but I've never charged them extra for the lost time and she has told you.
I know but I don't do it as a treatment anymore I only do acrylics! She booked in for her and her friend and now just wants to keep one appointment and put both deposits together to pay off the one appointment! Feel like screaming haha xx

Just say you don't do gel anymore and she would need to please use someone else and re book another client.

I don't do lashes anymore and simply refer clients they don't mind long as they get their treatments done. It's not like you are loosing a client are you ? If she doesn't come back because you don't do gel anymore?

And how old is your gel stock do you have all the products to do this service ? That would concern me if I no longer did the treatment if my products were still alright

I would just do what the client is asking for? Surely as a nail technician your flexible to an extend to what your clients wants and at the end of the day she's paying you to get her nails done, she should be able to change her mind.

Just say you don't do gel anymore and she would need to please use someone else and re book another client.

I don't do lashes anymore and simply refer clients they don't mind long as they get their treatments done. It's not like you are loosing a client are you ? If she doesn't come back because you don't do gel anymore?

And how old is your gel stock do you have all the products to do this service ? That would concern me if I no longer did the treatment if my products were still alright

I'm confused she does gel over acrylics so why not on natural nails!?

Yeah I still use my products over acrylics so my stock is fine! I made the decision that I wanted to only do acrylic nails as that's what all my clients have anyway and it's easier for my to sort my apps out without trying to queeze shellacs in here and there! Xxx

I'm confused she does gel over acrylics so why not on natural nails!?
It's more about timing and appointments,I find it easier to just do and book acrylics rather than have shellacs here and there!

It's more about timing and appointments,I find it easier to just do and book acrylics rather than have shellacs here and there!

I get that and u prob will loose out money on this client but I would do it and put a firm notice up about future appointments so it doesn't happen again

I get that and u prob will loose out money on this client but I would do it and put a firm notice up about future appointments so it doesn't happen again
Yeah ok! I've took a new job you see and it's quite abit out the way for me so I've set so many appointments a day so I can get back at a reasonable hour and I'm determined to stick to it [emoji23] thanks xx

Ooop missed that part where you do gel over acrylic.
I have set price : gel or acrylic is X amount
Tips with either or is X X amount
So they can change their ideas much as they like but still get charged the same.

Makes life easier for you but I understand you concerned for time booked. Unless you can move your other appointments up to fill that time in.

Ooop missed that part where you do gel over acrylic.
I have set price : gel or acrylic is X amount
Tips with either or is X X amount
So they can change their ideas much as they like but still get charged the same.

Makes life easier for you but I understand you concerned for time booked. Unless you can move your other appointments up to fill that time in.
Her and her friend where booked in for 2.30 & 4.30,she's now cancelled the 4.30 and asked to pay for her 2.30 app with the two deposits! I've just said I'll do it this once but I shouldn't as I've got to now fill a 2 hour slot! She's had me up the wall for weeks haha xx

I would have firmly said the friend would be losing her deposit. You can't use a deposit, made to hold your space
for ONE appointment, to pay for ANOTHER different appointment because you are cancelling. That's not how deposits work.

Could you maybe say to one of your other clients that are booked in later that day that an appointment has come up earlier if they'd prefer it? Xx

I wouldn't use both deposits. The idea of a deposit is you take it so that if someone doesn't turn up or cancels you still get paid something. When I replied before I didn't realise you had taken deposits... I would say you can't really ask for extra money if you have taken deposits. But I still don't see the big issue about doing a set of shellac just advertise that you have an hour spare for X treatment maybe? X

I've just told her I'll do it this once because to be honest I just want to stop her messaging haha,I'll just no not to book her in again! Hopefully I'll just be able to fill the other appointment and I won't lose anything xxx

Latest posts

Back