What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I had a call from a local hotel, wanting a massage for their guest, who had a severe back problems.

I suggested that I am a massage therapist, and with a problem such as that I suggested she saw a chiropractioner or physiotherapist.

They left it like that until today when I received another phone call from a rude man, and was adamant that he wanted his guest to have a massage. I explained my case, and was passed onto a receptionist who said that they have contacted all the salons who also said they were unwilling to do the treatment.

They said that she has been to the doctors and was given the all clear.

I said I would do the treatment, but my instincts were screaming at me, not to do it. I contacted my insurance company who said that unless there was a letter from the doctor, to say that all clear has been given, then I should not do the treatment.

I phoned back and got the rude man back on the phone, I said that I had been speaking to my insurance company regarding the treatment, and explained that unless there was a formal letter from the doctor, I could not do the treatment.

The man started getting very irrate and would not take no for a answer that I put the phone down.

Yes, I know its unprofessional but could not phone back, I felt myself getting stressed, not good when you are pregnant.

I now feel that this will have a knock on effect to my business, that is just starting up.

What would you do, if you were me. Sorry for the long winded story!! :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Don't stress about it - you did the right thing! If her back was giving her that much pain, you could have caused damage and then got sued!

Don't stress about it - you did the right thing! If her back was giving her that much pain, you could have caused damage and then got sued!

My instincts were telling me that, thanks for saying what I was feeling.:hug:

I think you did the right thing - if all the other salons had also refused then they obviously didnt want to take the risk.

Unfortunately we come across people who are very rude in this life and I dont think you deserved it in putting your case across.

enjoy your pregnancy and concentrate on clients that give you respect :hug:

Always trust your instincts ! ( I saw a prog once saying that instincts are there to protect us and we should heed them even if we cannot rationalise the reasons - some built in subconscious thing). :)

the hotel needs to see that you also have the clients best interest at heart.
you acted in the most professional way, you did not carry out a treatment that could have put the client at risk. that is showing that you are providing the best service possible for the client and are not just in it for the money that you could have earned.

You were absolutely right to follow your instinct, Mobileharmony! At the end of the day, you are running a professional business as a professional Therapist and you don't need to pander after rude people as if they are doing you a favour!!!!

You will gain many more clients who respect you and in time, you will wonder why you were so worried about this situation. IMO, you have been nothing but professional. This rude guy obviously hasn't a clue about massage and Beauty Therapy and is not worth the worry!

Thanks to everyone who replied, I now feel easier in myself for doing what I had to do.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: thanks.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I now feel easier in myself for doing what I had to do.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: thanks.

It's also worth remembering that if your insurance company advised you not to perform the treatment and you still went ahead, you may not be covered if a claim then arose.

Thanks Guild, it certainly worth knowing about what you have said.

God I want to shoot this rude man!! How dare he challenge your professionalism......:mad:

Always trust your instincts no matter what. You have done the right thing and dont you dare worry your energy over this rude man. You look after yourself and your belly!!There will be more and more clients who will respect you..

Hugs from us all geeks!!:hug:

God I want to shoot this rude man!! How dare he challenge your professionalism......:mad:

Always trust your instincts no matter what. You have done the right thing and dont you dare worry your energy over this rude man. You look after yourself and your belly!!There will be more and more clients who will respect you..

Hugs from us all geeks!!:hug:

Thanks very much. I am so touched by your lovely words.:):):):)

Latest posts

Back