What would you say?...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEEKS_R_WE

Reaction score
I know there will be days when a customer comes in and they are ready to give you a hard time because they feel that they shouldn't pay for the repairs on the nails that they broke.

What would you say if they said, "well the other tech did my nails before and they never broke!"

I would try to diffuse the situation and look at the nails to see if there are signs of abuse. IF there is (and there probably is) I would say that you cannot comment on what the previous tech used.

As far as fixing them, do you have repairs included in new full sets or do you have your menu showing a charge per repair?

I usually include one repair per full set if its *not* because of my workmanship, no questions asked. If its my bad, I repair it free. Doesnt' happen anymore (did a few time though when I started in the dark ages...)

If this particular client is a nail biter or you can see signs of stress (using her nails as tools) gently, calmly (but NOT patronisingly) explain that her that perhaps you need to reduce the length to see if perhaps that was the problem. And make sure there is NOTHING that that would entice her to pick (if a nailbiter).

If she comes back after you do this and its abuse, I'd tell her flat out. She sounds like she is looking for something for nothing but being this is a service business, you have to find the balance between being firm and considerate.

And if you don't have a repair policy, get one ASAP. You don't want to be dealing with this on a regular basis.

HTH's
Nancy

And to add ...... it is not always length that causes breakages.

Maybe the other tech was making the nails thicker than you do and the client was used to that. You can always do the same yourself to make the nails stronger for the client.

Nails that are thicker don't have to necessarily look thicker ... if the free edge is nice and thin the whole nail will look thin and no one will know that you have 'bulked it up'. I have done this for clients that are used to it to accommodate them. If it keeps them happy, then I'm happy.

Latest posts

Back