Whats an Italian Manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovelyisLacey

Reaction score
I've heard of an American Mani and I'v heard of a French Mani but never an Italian Mani. I had a girl ask me today if I new how to do Italian manicures, I said no that I'd never head of it but that if she told me what it looked like I'd try but she said she didnt know how to describe it. I searched it on the net but nothing came up, so anyone know what it looks like??

I'm wondering if it's similar to the Spanish manicure whereby the lanula is painted on in the same colour as the tip. It could be a variation, being mediterranean.
I've not heard of the Italian manicure though :(
x

I'd never even heard of a Spanish manicure.................sheltered life me!

Glad you brought this one up though, would be interested to see what other people think...........Nice one!

Is an italian mani when the free edge smile line is shaped into a v shape think ruth (nailsinlondon) might have put something similar looking on as a new picture thread tell me if Im wrong!! alix

hmm I thought that was called a 'chevron french', maybe i've been sheltered too lol

I did a basic manicure course with Star Nails and the range we use was the Italian "Cuccio Bella Mani" range. We were not taught any different to a normal manicure. They also do the pedicure range which was tought the same. It all ended with a normal "French Manicure nail polish though" Don't know if this helps.
Jules :D

If you go onto www.nailsmag.com and go into their nail art gallery, about half way down there is a picture of an Italian manicure....

It doesn't look much to me and may not be what you client was looking for...basically it is a stripe of polish straight down the centre of the nail!:D

Well, that took forever to load up so i copied the photo and will put it on here for you to see, better check the size first. I hope that is okay to do. it is called italian manicure by s.s. nails by west palm fl

Attachments

• italian manicure.jpg
    italian manicure.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,977
oops, maybe i made that a bit too small.

Attachments

• im1.jpg
    im1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 6,012
Thanx for posting the pic Suey, not sure what I think of it really ... maybe its a grower, lol!

I've never seen that site before, it has some great stuff on it. Not sure about the look of the "Italian Manicure", quick to do though :lol:

there doesn't seem to be a particular technique to it though, surely it's something that virtually any client could do on their own nails.
I'm not sure that I like it very much, dunno, maybe with different colours???

suey said:

thanks for posting a pic. Nest time I see her I'll have to show her the pic and see if thats what she was talking about.

Looks great! Must try that out later. Thanks for showing us.

Julie R

Ooh, I quite like the Italian Mani. Think I'll give it a go. xx

I thought a Italian Manicure was just a manicure that you had done in Italy....learn something new everyday....xxxx

suey said:
sorry but i thinks its a bit wierd. looks like brazilian for the nail lol

Sorry to sound thick but what is an American mani?

it's different i'll say that

Im not sure of the italian mani, maybe it will grow on me. Have to test it out though. Cheers for the pic.

Latest posts

Back