Whats On Your Nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessniknox

Geek-tastic
Reaction score
Just been doing a search and can`t find anything (doesn`t mean its not there though!!) that answers the following question.

my question to you all is :- :Look_left

AS NAIL TECHS, WHAT DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR NAILS? AND DO YOU DO YOUR OWN???

• Natural Nail Overlays?
  • Natural Tips and Overlays?
  • French Tips and Overlays?
  • Sculps?
  • Nothing?
  • Anything else (not mentioned)?
I`d be very interested to find out :biggrin: thanks xx

I always have natural tips and overlays on my nails....
I never seem to manage to get my own nails to the length I want and then just have an overlay on them......:sad:
At the moment my overlay is perfect white in zone 1 and a custom blend to complement my skin tone in zones 2 & 3......:Love:
Plus I always feel that as a nail technician I should be showing off my skills on myself...after all I am my own best advert.....:biggrin:

I have very thin nails and they will tear if they get too long. Right now i have sculpts on.....every finger is a different colored acrylic. I like to show my clients what i have to offer. Next week...i will take them off again and do somthing else!

I have nothing on :eek: except my thumb because it splits the whole way down and is really painful - I have a gel tip and overlay on that one (and a biosculpture demo nail in my pinkie that is happily growing out.

I have quite nice natural nails, and since I do a lot of nail biters it is proof that with the right support you CAN give up. :biggrin:

I dont have anything on mine, I like them natural, they're reasonably long, but short enough to not get in the way when im working x x

I have backscratchers tip n dips on (little cheater) but quick and easy for me to maintain so thats my excuse and BOY are they strong.

THis week, i fancied a change, and needed and infill so after buffing the above nice and thin....they are now overlayed with yummy bio sculpture over them in sweet toffee, had LOADS of comments on what a gorge colour it is !!

As a rule i normally do them myself or get angie aka nailstyle(einstien geek) to do them - Penny aka funkyfingers did them this time as she wanted a play with the bio.

Anyway....thats me sold on colours for the winter now - and hopefully i can get my clients off BORING FRENCH !!

I wore french glitter tips in the summer- a la diamonds in the rough from nail graphics - nightmare everyone wanted them !!!

AMb x

i have always done my own that was the best way to learn for me, people
always say how do you do it but i tell them its the best way to learn although they are not perfect but experience always helps! i love doing my own nails and sometimes helps when trying to promote yourself.

I am such a slacker!! I had a loooong and very rough weekend (atleast on my nails), so sunday night I soaked them off, with all intentions of putting on a full set. well THAT didn't happen! I fell asleep with the foil still on:lol: and I have yet to reapply anything.

So I fall in the "natural ugly stumps" category

I do my own nails.
I use UV Gels.
Sometimes I do french tips, sometimes 'american' (beige/natural) tips...
More often than not, I have some kind of art on my nails and usually have nail jewellery on. (at the very least, a hoop).

I am NEVER without nails :lol:

A friend techy of mine came by last night, to get gels as she hates doing her own nails. I'm thinking of letting her put acrylics on me , just to see how I like them and to see how they're done. We may end up trading services so we dont have to do our own nails anymore LOL
Although, mine always look great. I never have problems doing my own.
But it does take way longer to do my own as opposed to someone else's.

i wear mine natural and long with ever changing nail art! :)

i have ezflow green room tips and L&P...i allways have to have tips and overlays cause i am a terrible biter. on top of those at the moment though i have creatives nail noir with gold and silver strokes on them i get very bored very quickly, so am allways fannying around with them
oh i do my own

I have nice natural nails. They are quite short at the moment and I currently have a French polish on them - Cream Puff and Beau finished off with a coat of Super Shiney from Creative.

I always do my own, but i cant rebalance them! so i am always changing mine every other week. Normally french or glitter or some nail stickers. But since breaking one and tearing my natural nail from its bed, i now have a natarul overlay until they all get back into condition.

I normally have some form of enhancement on but recently I took my nails off and now have reasonable length natural nails.

This has been a real talking point with my clients as they can tell their doubting friends that "acrylic nails don't wreck their own nails".

I may put glitters on nearer Christmas to get my clients interested in having glitters - not decided yet.

Mine are natural at the moment as still training and dont have the full strenght primer or tip glue to use on humans, only the lovely nail trainer hand!

I have one hand in french heart cut outs and and the other hand dramatic french tips
I don't wear nails often I go through fazes.:D

Candy pink tips witth l&p. cute

Currently I have natural tips with clear L&P overlay. I do them myself and I'm forever changing them. Sometimes I do shortish square UV gel, but at the moment they're quite long and pointy. Depends on what mood I'm in and what new products I find because I always try them on myself first!! If they last on me, they'll last on anyone!!

As for nail colour/nail art, I keep mine quite simple. At the moment I've got a very dark brown nail varnish (Fab for winter!) with a simple gold 'sparkle dust' design.

Nothing at all apart froma 3d design on one finger nail , i rarely do mine own nails, normally one of the other essex geeks does my nails for me good excuse for a girly gossip then lol
x

I've got dark red biosculpture gel on my natural nails. They are about an inch long. I have to trim them soon!
I'm not a french manicure girl at all. I love colour.....
Yep I do my own nails. Takes me hours as I have a wonder around in between doing them!

Latest posts

Back