Whats the best way to remove nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
Just want to know how you guys remove nails. My teacher tells us to cut back, soak, file and just keep repeating this...Is there an easy way to remove gel and acrylics.. I have seen those little round things you can put on your fingers to soak.I think they are mobile soakers or something????

I'd love to know an easy and painfree way to remove them..

hi there

i have brought a soaking bowl (like a hot water bottle) which you put hot water in and there are 2 inset dishes which you put your acetone in. The hot water heats the acetone up and i find this slightly quicker to soak them off. You still have to cut back and file, i don't think there is another and safer way to do it without damaging the natural nail. This is the way i was taught and i think everyone on this site was taught to soak off this way as well.

The little finger soakers i use just for 1 or 2 nails which need redoing. I don't put them on every finger as i find they leak abit if the client doesn't keep her fingers still.

If there is a quicker way i would like to know as well please.

it all depends on which system you're wanting to remove.... no removal should be painful though.
to remove L+P you can do as Tracey said and soak off using product remover, to remove fibreglass and soak-off gel it's the same, but for buff-off gels you need to remove using a 180/240 grit abrasive, graduating through the grits as you get closer to the natural nail.

There is a machine called an ultrasonic machince used for soaking enhancements.It heats up acetone, nails are placed in machine and nails are soaked off in half the time.Or you can soak in acetone with the bowl,the longer you soak the nails in the acetone the less you would have to do any filling.Good luck

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

I got told to put acetone on cotton wool and wrap each finger with the cotton wool with acetone and then place tinfoil on top of the cotton wool and leave for about half hour and it removes the enhancements! :green:

princesslilyxx said:
I got told to put acetone on cotton wool and wrap each finger with the cotton wool with acetone and then place tinfoil on top of the cotton wool and leave for about half hour and it removes the enhancements! :green:

if you do this then put them in heated mits its alot quicker then just on their own

Danger Mouse said:
if you do this then put them in heated mits its alot quicker then just on their own

O really? I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! :green:

Danger Mouse said:
I also do it the way that Princesslily said, but only on a few. DM thanx for the extra tip, wid the mitts! :)

Another way is to put hot water in a plastic bowl then put acetone in a metal bowl. Then place the metal bowl inside the plastic bowl, this will then heat up the acetone. If see bubbles (like fizz) in the acetone bowl the water is to hot!
You can purcase the bowls @ ikea.

As for gels i normally buff them off.

HTH :)

I do the above but I did read on a thread not long ago to put marbles in the bottom of the bowl with acetone in. Not tried it myself has anyone alse?

The marbles in the bottom of the bowl is for clients to play with so they do not get bored while soaking their nails off.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

I have an sonic touch machine ....I think it's fab....soaks wraps of in about 5 min.....L&P in about 1/2 hour .....was expensive but worth the $ .......but a big bowl of hot water with a smaller bowl of acetone in it is good as well....

I've tried several different ways and the best way I've found is to soak some cotton in acetone, put it on the nail then wrap the nail in a small piece of foil. You can also put some acetone in small glass bowls (one for each hand) and place the bowls on a heating pad to keep the aceton warm. Have the client soak their tips in the bowls. While they're soaking remember to put a towel over their hands to keep the fumes down.
Michele

I usually remove as much product with an abrasive file, so that you are nearly down to the natural nail, remove any length from the nails, soak cotton balls with acetone or product remover and wrap all the fingers in foil.
If it is really cold, you can fill a hot water bottle, wrap that in a hand towel and sit that on your clients lap, they can then sit their hands on top of that. This keeps your clients warm too :) and this will work for acrylic, wraps & gel.

I usually remove as much product with an abrasive file, so that you are nearly down to the natural nail, remove any length from the nails, soak cotton balls with acetone or product remover and wrap all the fingers in foil.
If it is really cold, you can fill a hot water bottle, wrap that in a hand towel and sit that on your clients lap, they can then sit their hands on top of that. This keeps your clients warm too :) and this will work for acrylic, wraps & gel.

I do the same thing. I'll have to try the hot water bottle though :)

hi there

i have brought a soaking bowl (like a hot water bottle) which you put hot water in and there are 2 inset dishes which you put your acetone in. The hot water heats the acetone up and i find this slightly quicker to soak them off. You still have to cut back and file, i don't think there is another and safer way to do it without damaging the natural nail. This is the way i was taught and i think everyone on this site was taught to soak off this way as well.

The little finger soakers i use just for 1 or 2 nails which need redoing. I don't put them on every finger as i find they leak abit if the client doesn't keep her fingers still.

If there is a quicker way i would like to know as well please.
i use a bowl like this one, i got it from nsi, the hot water goes inside it then put the acetone in the 2 wells, leave in as long as poss then file carefully, removal seems so much faster this way

I do this, and then dip the foil tips in paraffin to keep them warm.

I've tried several different ways and the best way I've found is to soak some cotton in acetone, put it on the nail then wrap the nail in a small piece of foil. You can also put some acetone in small glass bowls (one for each hand) and place the bowls on a heating pad to keep the aceton warm. Have the client soak their tips in the bowls. While they're soaking remember to put a towel over their hands to keep the fumes down.
Michele

i do all of the above....the only 2 things i do different is buff the nails before i soak them in actone .....and i put the actone in bowl and put in microwave xxx

i do all of the above....the only 2 things i do different is buff the nails before i soak them in actone .....and i put the actone in bowl and put in microwave xxx

Oh my goodness can I just check I am reading this right? You put the acetone in the microwave? if so
PLEASE STOP NOW!

I remember when i first became a nail tech reading in one of the nail mags how someone had serious burns because it blew up in her face when she took it out of the microwave. please please don't do this or advise anyone else to do it, it is not safe practice.

If I've misread it then I apologise for shouting at you!!!! but if I misread it then others may too and follow that advise!

just to clarify, very few gels will respond to this treatment. most of them need filing off.
only soak off gels like nobility, biosculpture and calgel will soak off like this.
there are far more buff off gels than soak off formulas.

Oh my goodness can I just check I am reading this right? You put the acetone in the microwave? if so
PLEASE STOP NOW!

I remember when i first became a nail tech reading in one of the nail mags how someone had serious burns because it blew up in her face when she took it out of the microwave. please please don't do this or advise anyone else to do it, it is not safe practice.

If I've misread it then I apologise for shouting at you!!!! but if I misread it then others may too and follow that advise!

no no no hun...for 2 seconds....thats all ...i promise...!!!!!!!!!....xxxx

Latest posts

Back