What's the minimum age for Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslelly2020

Reaction score
I've tried searching but can't find anything.
What's the minimum age for Shellac on natural nails? I remember it came up in training but can't remember what was said.

Really anybody under 16 you would need written consent from a parent or guardian, but anybody under that age anyway I wouldn't recommend, purely because it often has no "staying power" on younger people as their nails are thinner & more flexible!

HABIA say no chemicals or hot treatments on under 16 year olds.
They can have normal nail polish though.
Anyone under 18 (in the uk) needs to have a consent form signed and parent present during the treatment

I am with CFBS on this. I only do shellac on 18 plus. I would do a 16 - 18 year old with signed parental consent, and I also insist on the consenting adult being present during the treatment.
I have a close friend who is a regular customer and I have known her daughter all of her life. I am still sticking to those rules. She has asked if I would consider special occasions when she is over 15 but she knows she will still have to accept full responsibility of the risk.

Latest posts

Back