What's the most annoying client you've had?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Hey geeks
There was recently a thread on here for people to tell us their worst treatments they've had - it was brilliant.
I'd love to hear your stories of your worst clients, cancellations, telling you how do your job, moaning about prices etc - and outrageous things they have either said or done.

Oh my goodness where to begin??? Too many to think of! Although I recently had a lady returning to the salon 10days after her appointment complaining that her blow dry hadnt lasted and wanted it redone for free!!

Oh my goodness where to begin??? Too many to think of! Although I recently had a lady returning to the salon 10days after her appointment complaining that her blow dry hadnt lasted and wanted it redone for free!!

:biggrin::biggrin: Hahaha! I feel so sorry for you that you had to deal with that but you have no idea how much it made me laugh!

One lady called me this time last year asking for a Christmas Eve appointment (Christmas Eve being my mum's birthday). When I said no, she told me that I "obviously didn't respect my business or potential customers" so I agreed. I had only been qualified for 2 months then and was very naive.

When I got there, she was drinking. By the time I'd set up and was applying her French tips, she was drunk.

She kept telling me how fussy she was (she wasn't far wrong either) and proceeded to take the nail file off me and shape her own tips, complaining about the way I did it. I was in no mood for a confrontation - she was a very intimidating woman - so I let her get on with it. Throughout the entire service she was pointing out my faults, touching my things, asking personal questions... it was all very frustrating and unnerving. The decent nails I had applied looked scuffed and dented (where she had attempted to file half-set acrylic) and I was getting upset.

Then her daughter in law arrived and she asked me to paint her nails too "as part of her Christmas present" so I did. This lady was sober so very polite and VERY apologetic for her mother in law's behaviour! I reckon she was embarrassed.

I finished both paint jobs and asked the drunk lady for payment. She dived into her purse and smudged every one of them :( I re-painted them and packed my stuff away... She compared the nails and then had the audacity to tell me the lengths were uneven! The sober daughter in law explained that it wasn't my fault and to "let the poor girl go home". I was paid (and even tipped £5) and shown the door.

The whole job took me 4 hours... I got home at 11pm, my family and neighbours were all drunk and the party was over.

NEVER AGAIN.

xxx

Last edited:
One of my newer clients kept on chopping and changing her appointment at the last minute. I'm pretty flexible but it really started to get on my nerves to the point where I haven't offered her a new appointment! If she wants me, she knows where I am!

I really don't need clients like these and refuse to chase them around.

PB
x

Iv not had many nightmare clients, but iv recently had one new client who has her colour elsewhere. She wasn't meaning to be nasty at all but it was funny that she said "I don't like the salon I have my colour in now, about 3 weeks later there's roots" now I know no one can say that's down to poor application, but there was terrible banding on her hair.

For cancellations, my late night is Thursday, but only by appointment (I go home 5:30 if no one books) a lady called and asked if she could pop in, so I explained. She booked for 6. And didn't show up. :(
I only do appointment only because I have to get a taxi home after 6 and don't want to spend £7 on one unless I had a client in. Xoxo

One lady called me this time last year asking for a Christmas Eve appointment (Christmas Eve being my mum's birthday). When I said no, she told me that I "obviously didn't respect my business or potential customers" so I agreed. I had only been qualified for 2 months then and was very naive.

When I got there, she was drinking. By the time I'd set up and was applying her French tips, she was drunk.

She kept telling me how fussy she was (she wasn't far wrong either) and proceeded to take the nail file off me and shape her own tips, complaining about the way I did it. I was in no mood for a confrontation - she was a very intimidating woman - so I let her get on with it. Throughout the entire service she was pointing out my faults, touching my things, asking personal questions... it was all very frustrating and unnerving. The decent nails I had applied looked scuffed and dented (where she had attempted to file half-set acrylic) and I was getting upset.

Then her daughter in law arrived and she asked me to paint her nails too "as part of her Christmas present" so I did. This lady was sober so very polite and VERY apologetic for her mother in law's behaviour! I reckon she was embarrassed.

I finished both paint jobs and asked the drunk lady for payment. She dived into her purse and smudged every one of them :( I re-painted them and packed my stuff away... She compared the nails and then had the audacity to tell me the lengths were uneven! The sober daughter in law explained that it wasn't my fault and to "let the poor girl go home". I was paid (and even tipped £5) and shown the door.

The whole job took me 4 hours... I got home at 11pm, my family and neighbours were all drunk and the party was over.

NEVER AGAIN.

I did the lady's nails 3 times after that episode (god knows why I agreed to) and she was a nightmare every time. Bossy, rude, arrogant, ignorant... then she went off to another country for work and I haven't seen her since February. I do the daughter in law's mum and sister, and hers, but I will have nothing to do with that woman again. They don't like her anyway.

xxx

I was doing a file only a lady (at her request) and i'd file one nail & she'd pull her finger away and examine it then pick up one of my spare files & file it herself then put her hand back down and let me do the next finger!

She done this with ten fingers!! SO ANNOYING!!

She was quite intimating so i sat & let her!

I was doing a file only a lady (at her request) and i'd file one nail & she'd pull her finger away and examine it then pick up one of my spare files & file it herself then put her hand back down and let me do the next finger!

She done this with ten fingers!! SO ANNOYING!!

She was quite intimating so i sat & let her!

Intimidating or not you tell them not to touch your tools! I had a lady do this once to me and I grabbed back my nail file and told her if my job is not good enough she can leave since she clearly does a better job on her own. You have to also think that if they cut themselves or hurt themselves with our tools in anyway they could turn around and just blame us, that WE did it. I don't even use tools that clients bring in as its an insult to me

Intimidating or not you tell them not to touch your tools! I had a lady do this once to me and I grabbed back my nail file and told her if my job is not good enough she can leave since she clearly does a better job on her own. You have to also think that if they cut themselves or hurt themselves with our tools in anyway they could turn around and just blame us, that WE did it. I don't even use tools that clients bring in as its an insult to me

Think i was more in shock! Plus it was my first or second day at a new job & didnt quite know how to take it!!

I prefer to refer to my clients little habits as "quirks"..don't like the term annoying as they do pay my mortgage lol ;)

Just a quick one! Literally 20mins ago a client texted and asked where I got my products how much they were and if she could get a starter kit? As she would like to start up for herself. (Which is fine, but I will not help a potential competitor) once I explained she will not be able to buy the products I use as she is not trained she started to ask about kits off eBay from china! I was about to start a rant! And educate her, but no! I am not here to educate people, she needs to learn for herself. So I just gave her a link to s2's education page. Lol xx

My auntie ( who I refer to as Mrs Bucket) need I say more, is one of my clients.
I've done a number of treatments on her, mani pedicure - waxing etc.

I count my lucky stars that she in an expert in the beauty field - otherwise god knows how I would get through my treatments without her telling me how I need to do then, what the next step is etc.
I'm guessing that the months of training and performing treatments is nothing on the experience she has has by attending the local salon before I started doing her treatments!!!!!!!!!
Bless her she means well but one day I will slap her!!!!

- love you auntie!!!!! Xx

My auntie ( who I refer to as Mrs Bucket) need I say more, is one of my clients.
I've done a number of treatments on her, mani pedicure - waxing etc.

I count my lucky stars that she in an expert in the beauty field - otherwise god knows how I would get through my treatments without her telling me how I need to do then, what the next step is etc.
I'm guessing that the months of training and performing treatments is nothing on the experience she has has by attending the local salon before I started doing her treatments!!!!!!!!!
Bless her she means well but one day I will slap her!!!!

- love you auntie!!!!! Xx

The bouquet residence, te lady of the house speaking. Xoxo

An old work colleague came to my house for a tan. I had told her the price before hand.

When she got here she kept telling me how 'skint' she was and had to take her last bit of money out the bank to pay me.

Anyway, I tanned her then had to pop out so she picked up all her stuff and went to leave without paying. Being very new to the business I just said 'do you want to pay me next time I see you' - I felt like a complete and utter idiot that I said it. Lesson learned.

I eventually got it and have since manned up a lot! xx

I have 2 and thet always gradully put therw had forward and down it drives me crazy lol im for ever moving there head x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sorry luvy but that was hard to read!!!

I think you mean people annoy you who keep moving their heads or putting it down whilst you are trying to do their hair.

Sorry luvy but that was hard to read!!!

I think you mean people annoy you who keep moving their heads or putting it down whilst you are trying to do their hair.

Sorry its because im on a mobile and keep pressing wrong buttons haha x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had one lady lie on my couch for a full leg and bikini and then query my price - when I told her she told me she couldn't afford it!! I told her I've a mortgage to pay I couldn't do it for less? She then told me that an exclusive salon down the road was cheaper than me and rang them whilst in my room and booked an appointment!!!!
People!!!! When I rang the salon later and asked for the price of the treatment they told me and it wasn't cheaper it was loads more!!!some people!!!!

I had one lady lie on my couch for a full leg and bikini and then query my price - when I told her she told me she couldn't afford it!! I told her I've a mortgage to pay I couldn't do it for less? She then told me that an exclusive salon down the road was cheaper than me and rang them whilst in my room and booked an appointment!!!!
People!!!! When I rang the salon later and asked for the price of the treatment they told me and it wasn't cheaper it was loads more!!!some people!!!!

Wow, what a chancer.

Glad you called her bluff. I bet she felt really stupid when she left your salon.

Wow, what a chancer.

Glad you called her bluff. I bet she felt really stupid when she left your salon.

I might try that next time I'm in the petrol station and don't like the price of fuel!!!!!

Latest posts

Back