Whats the stupidest thing about nails you've heard

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read on here before about a tech who's client thought her enhancements would stay in place while the natural nail grew underneath it. (can't remember who posted this)

I couldn't believe it when a new client said this to me two weeks ago!!!!! It was so hard to keep a straigt face!!! he he he!

xxxxx

Think my fave is when clients ask, do my nails still grow when I have extensions on? :wink2:

My little boy calls his "snails". "Mummy, can you cut my snails?" LOL!

Sassy Hassy said:
Think my fave is when clients ask, do my nails still grow when I have extensions on? :wink2:

Oh yes thats always a belter!!!

I had a client last week ask me how she could get a permanent finish that didn't need maintenance!!! I said it was impossible because your nails grow and she looked at me as though I was trying to make her believe in the existence of aliens.....!! Polish wears off and enhancements need maintaining - end of!!!! I don't think she believed me.......

I had a client say to me "is it true that if you soak your nails in bleach your tips go whiter" xx

Sassy Hassy said:
Not quite the same, but a sweet little old lady asked me if she should cut her cubicles :eek:

Hehe - my husband calls the cuticles cornflakes!

i had a forum fight over this girl
affirming that enhancement were causing infections and cancer
and that u gonna get your fingers cut if you keep doint it :rolleyes:
she also said that nail techs classes were bull**** and that we weren t pro and didn t know what we were talking about
thank God she wasn t in front of me :evil:

That nail enhancments ruin your nails!!!:rolleyes:

datgirltwista said:
i had a forum fight over this girl
affirming that enhancement were causing infections and cancer
and that u gonna get your fingers cut if you keep doint it :rolleyes:
she also said that nail techs classes were bull**** and that we weren t pro and didn t know what we were talking about
thank God she wasn t in front of me :evil:

I think as Gigi often says, you have to look at this type of person's motive. Perhaps she can't do enhancements and so the only way to promote her manicure business is by scaremongering those who wanted a different treatment that she can't do???!

Interestingly - one of my beauty tutors thought that nail enhancements were like the devil and totally damaged your own nails - hence she refused to teach them!! Shame I could not convince her to browse this website - she would soon change her mind!

One of my favorites is when new clients ask me what happens when the natural nail grows PAST the enhancement. They actually think that the gel stays put but the nail keeps growing, eventually coming out at the free edge! Amazingly I've been asked this many many times.....

jac extreme said:
That nail enhancments ruin your nails!!!:rolleyes:
I think this is the ultimate lol xx:Love:

Sassy Hassy said:
I think as Gigi often says, you have to look at this type of person's motive. Perhaps she can't do enhancements and so the only way to promote her manicure business is by scaremongering those who wanted a different treatment that she can't do???!

she wasn t a pro not even a customer
the kind that heard that the cousin from the wife of the brother of the neighbor knows a friends that has a friends who got a coworker that went to the hospital because of nail enhancement ....
so since she "KNOWS" someone that got hurt she gets the right of generalizing
see what i mean
she s not even in the business that s ridiculous to call pros ignorants when you dont even know what you are talking about that s why she really made me angry :rolleyes:

Not so much about nails but still nail related, a client today who usually buyts the pinkie size solar oil from me asked if i had the larger one as she recently saw it in a magazine for £10.00.
I got out all my sizes of solar oil, 4 different ones, and asked what size she was referring to, the huge one, the big bubble one, she expected that for £10.00.
I tried telling her that yes it may have been that one in the magazine but not for £10.00.
I told her I would get back to her with different prices of different sizes but assured her it certainly wouldn't be the large one.
How she thought I would charge £3 for a pinkie size then £10.00 for a huge one I don't know.

had a client tell me she's been using olive oil instead of buying solar oil.....''you know its so much cheaper'':eek: :smack: inhale.....exhale....inhale......exhale.....:!:

The one about eating jelly - i used to try this when i was a kid!!lol, never worked!!! Also, having a break from enhancements to 'let them breathe'.....wtf????:eek:

I had i friend that told me that her thumb nails where much stronger because she cracked open lots of eggs, and when she does this these nails come in contact with the yolk....

A new client tells me

"My nails grow faster with enhancements on"
:rolleyes:
I tried explaining to her that no, they dont. They just stop breaking off so you actually get to see them get longer.. but no... I'm wrong and dont know what I'm talking about. I'm only a nail tech. What could I possibly know about nails?

Another refused to use/purchase cuticle oil from me or elsewhere and used baby oil instead and was stunned at the amount of lift..:rolleyes: Like hello, it's PETROLEUM dooh as Homer Simpson says (can I slap her up the back of the head, please?) As if I hadn't already explained at a previous appointment the why's and wherefors of cuticle oils and what not to use instead of it... she had been listing a litany of every oil under the sun. Drove me NUTS. Like lady, its only 5$, what's the big deal? If you can afford enhancements, you can afford a bottle of oil. errrrrrr:mad:

Oh yes, and "they fell off" (and you can SEE the damage from the force applied to rip and pick them off):evil:

I've heard the calcium and jello one myself. In fact, a tutor even told me about gelatin either in "jello' form or capsules will improve hair/skin/nails. Pharmacist says too, and my mom insists on taking her capsules. LOL
Who knows what that's all about lol

Another one insists castor oil taken orally helps (YUCK!!!!) Umm yeah, thats why you come see me for enhancements instead of growing your own :rolleyes:

I really should keep a diary, sure I've heard some doozies.. know I nearly ended up permanently disfigured a few times trying to keep a straight face.. LOL Just can't remember them now LOL (Old age kicking in here, or the late hour tha's past my bedtime hehe)

LOOOOOL!!!! I'm so glad i made the start for such thread! hahahahha You guys made my day :) :) :)

I loved the one where the enhancements stay on but your nails keep growing underneath....... :biggrin: wouldnt that be a miracle????

Latest posts

Back