Whats the stupidest thing about nails you've heard

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fats28

Reaction score
Following on from the massaging baby oil into your cuticles will stop your nails growing thread, I was wondering whats the stupidest tip anyones ever given you about nails.

Far and away the stupidest thing I ever heard was my boyfriends aunt, who incidentally has very nice natural nails, telling my mother in law to paint listerine mouthwash onto her nails then rub over them with a bay leaf to strengthen them. What the flipping heck for????

Has anyone else heard any stupid tips like this?

Clients saying that they are leaving enamel or enhancements off for a while to let their nails breathe LOL!:biggrin:

Where to start? :biggrin:

If you have a green nail {1) soak it in bleach (2) soak it in Vodka

A green nail means it has bread mould or penicillin mould :eek:

You can feed your nails with calcium

If one coat of primer doesn't work use 5 or 6 coats :eek:

I think the most stupid one ever is ...
When you finish applying your product, dip your brush into neat monomer and brush over the enhancement again to make it smooth .... please do not go there.

eat cubes of jelly to make your nails strong...
that one was told to me so many times when i was younger that i actually believed it and did it !!!!!!!!!!
along with eating the crusts off bread to put hairs on your chest lol (slightly off-topic)

Client asking why do I have a gap between the enhancement and my cuticle.....did she not realise her nails grew lol

ValencianNails said:
eat cubes of jelly to make your nails strong...
that one was told to me so many times when i was younger that i actually believed it and did it !!!!!!!!!!
along with eating the crusts off bread to put hairs on your chest lol (slightly off-topic)

Someone told me the jelly one too when I was a teenager and I believed it, did nowt for my nails and now I've a zillion fillings

I was told about the jelly one too, also people saying "my nails don't grow" well yes they bloody well do hunny, they just break!

Jelly is good for you as it contains iron so this old wives tale isn't all that wrong that was what my doctor told me when I was feeling run down.

A student telling another student that rubbing fresh lemon juice into your nails everyday makes them stronger, to make it worse there was no persauding her otherwise! :eek:

Klassy Klaws said:
Jelly is good for you as it contains iron so this old wives tale isn't all that wrong that was what my doctor told me when I was feeling run down.

I think he may have meant Royal Jelly, rather than good old Rowntrees....

yeah letting your nails breathe I heard this one. not nails but the salon I used to work in my old boss ,'sunbed worshiper 'said if you rub brillcream all over you tan brilliantly and faster he was always covering himself with it fetish I reckon lol

juju said:
yeah letting your nails breathe I heard this one. not nails but the salon I used to work in my old boss ,'sunbed worshiper 'said if you rub brillcream all over you tan brilliantly and faster he was always covering himself with it fetish I reckon lol

Dont let him sit on a leather settee, he'll slip right off LOL!

yeah lol hes crazy but he smells nice:lol:

Dont cut your nails on a friday or sunday or you will have bad luck.... One of my Mums supersitions.
If I follow this advice I would be out of a job lol

A bit off subject, but one of my co-workers at the office keeps telling me about a friend of his, who do tattoos and he tattoed his nails, and how fab it looks and I should try it out!

Like Im gonna let someone TATTOO my nails?

He says the needle dont go throug the nail, only in between layers....

I was always told that it was the gelatine in jelly cubes that did your nails good and made them strong and resilient. Who knows I do have nice nails, but haven't eaten raw jelly cubes for years and years and years.

Joan

Lellipop said:
Dont cut your nails on a friday or sunday or you will have bad luck.... One of my Mums supersitions.
If I follow this advice I would be out of a job lol
Ive heared this one too lol xx:rolleyes:

OMG a woman in the office says she soaks hers in Listerine to strenghen them up!!

Not quite the same, but a sweet little old lady asked me if she should cut her cubicles :eek:

Sassy Hassy said:
Not quite the same, but a sweet little old lady asked me if she should cut her cubicles :eek:
Lmao! bless her xx

Latest posts

Back