What's the trick to using hard wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
I am a warm wax user and I have been using one wax for years. I have tried hard wax and neither myself or my clients liked it. I ventured in to the perron rigot world and got the hard wax rose scent. This stuff is so thick but I am able to spread it quite thinly. I found it does leave little bits of wax but above all this hard wax and others do not remove all the hair. What am I doing wrong, please help!!

Thanks!

It's hard to explain in text but I spread it over the hairs in the direction of the hair growth but not thinly because this will cause the wax to snap when it's pulled off. You can kind of 'layer' it but without needing to re-dip. I'm not explaining this very well but I apply in one motion, then go back and forward imagine like icing a cake!?
Could you call and book yourself on a discovery day. That would really boost your confidence too xx

I apply a layer against hair growth then a layer with the growth then a layer against so the wax is quite thick and the hair is embedded into the wax I smooth out like icing a cake so theres no thin edges. I only do small amounts at a time, my trainer said you can always go over a little with warm wax to remove residue or stray hairs but I never need to. I love hard wax both giving and receiving.

Sorry was ment to say with then against ohhh we are all at it today haha I didn't explain it very well either. 😠

Apparently, this rose wax is supposed to applied super thinly and it does too, it just doesn't take all the hairs off. The distributor said it will remove very short pubic hairs. I am only using this for brazilians.
Thanks for the replies:biggrin:

Perron Rigot Escential rose is one of the creamy non strip waxes in their aromatherapy range. I find that with most non strip waxes you have to make sure all the edges are a little bit thicker so when you remove the wax you arent left with any "crumbs" or residual bits of wax. A little bit of jasmine oil applied post wax and wiped with a clean strip generally will pick up any bits of residual wax.

Escential rose is a good wax and works well with stubbly short hairs as well. Maybe its not warm enough when you are applying it or maybe you have too much oil underneath your wax and its not gripping the hairs?

Jack

Ok good to know Jack, thanks! Trial and error and to find me some guinea pigs:D

Essential Rose is one of the fastest drying waxes from the Perron Rigot range. Euroblond is the most popular non-strip wax that they retail. Speak to the lovely Kim Lawless about the waxes as well!

Last edited:
My distributor doesn't sell the euroblonde wax only the essentials rose wax...it's not ripping the hairs out tho....must be me!

I did a brazilian tonight with this wax and my client said it was fine other than the flicking I was doing. I applied it very thinly as the distributor said to do and it just broke off in little bits,then I applied it thicker and had no probs at all. It's not as cost effiicient as the wax I currently use but if it'll be kinder to my clients that makes me happier.

I did a brazilian tonight with this wax and my client said it was fine other than the flicking I was doing. I applied it very thinly as the distributor said to do and it just broke off in little bits,then I applied it thicker and had no probs at all. It's not as cost effiicient as the wax I currently use but if it'll be kinder to my clients that makes me happier.
Its very surprising and a shame that your distributor does not sell Euroblonde as it really is the best PR wax and you would find it much more economical to use.
If Escential Rose is too think it will snap/break on removal so needs to be applied a bit thicker.
Do you buy from International Beauty Systems, as they are the distributor listed on the PR page?

Jack

Hey Jack,

I ordered from a company in Toronto would love to try the euroblonde.

Perhaps if you contact the main distributor in Canada they may stock a better range of the non stick waxes.

All the PR distributors are listed on the site , I have attached the link for you to check and also in America they distribute Cierpil Blue which is another great wax that may be available as an option in Canada?

Nos distributeurs - Perron Rigot

Cirepil Blue | Cirepil

Jack

Blue *is* Euroblonde. For some reason PR decided to distribute it under two names - no idea why, always seems a rather silly thing to do to cause confusion like that.

Blue *is* Euroblonde. For some reason PR decided to distribute it under two names - no idea why, always seems a rather silly thing to do to cause confusion like that.
I agree Mat....

I am a warm wax user and I have been using one wax for years. I have tried hard wax and neither myself or my clients liked it. I ventured in to the perron rigot world and got the hard wax rose scent. This stuff is so thick but I am able to spread it quite thinly. I found it does leave little bits of wax but above all this hard wax and others do not remove all the hair. What am I doing wrong, please help!!

Thanks!
Sounds as though you have it too cool. If you have it too cool it won't shrink wrap the hair, so you need it nice and warm but not too hot of course.

At the start of the day, turn the wax heater on full power for about 20mins, then turn it down to between 56 to 57 for about 20 mins. By that time it should be at a good working temp. It should always be a bit set in the middle of the pot and nice and gloopy around the edge.

Get the wax on the body quickly as it sets really fast. Apply in the direction of hair growth and make sure that the edges are even thickness so you don't get left with any white bits.

Last edited:
Well thanks so much you guys for all the lovely advice, I turned up the heat and did notice there was a solid ball in the middle. I did my brazilian this afternoon and omg, it was virtually painless. I used a honey hot wax (way less expensive) on one side and the essentials rose wax on the other,(triple the cost of the other wax) but set up faster first thing and hurt less.

I am still trying to get a hold of the Euroblonde wax since you all rave about it...thanks again to you all!:hug:

Ok, so today I do a brazilian on my client and she said that wax was horrible and that I am never to use it again.She's a little bit of a wimp if you ask me but I'm just sayin....so far myself and another client like it. I think my one client said the flicking she could do without but the pulling was a breeze. This client today said it altogether sucked and she much rather preferred the strip wax. When I used my cheaper hot wax most of my ladies still preferred the strip wax. I'm obviously not doing something right then. Are there any videos that I can watch regarding the hot wax technique?

Thanks,

Hi! Get yourself a DVD called 'The Whole Ball of Wax' by Lori Nestore. She goes through all waxing. It's not cheap but a valuable resource.
I would NEVER use strip for bikini & intimate waxing. A good quality hot wax is so much less painful for the client as it's designed to shrinkwrap round the hair rather than adhere to the skin so is not taking off the top layer of skin when Removed. I use Lycon waxing and it's fab. They provide great training & support to help you get confident with it. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds to me like you need to work on the placement of your strips if the flicking is causing your clients pain. Your starting edge (the bit you flick) should be on a hair free area or you should be using a tab as your starting handle instead of flicking.

A tab means you do not need to flick the edge if it is a hairy place. you make a tab by using the shiney side of a removed strip (the side with no hair on it) pressed onto the top of your just applied srtip, then allow the strip to set and pull off using the old strip as your flicked bit.

I hope I have made that make sense as it is so easy to do and easy to show in person but not so easy to put into words.

Latest posts

Back