What's your cancellation policy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
I never usually have a problem with no shows as I have a computerised booking system that sends reminders.

Lately, in the past week I have had 3 no shows. It peeves me right off as I could have filled that spot with someone else who would turn up!

So now I am deciding what type of cancellation/no show policy to have in place. I am not sure that charging people will change it, as they just wont come here again (im in a small town in Australia).

Any other ideas I can implement?

Maybe ask them to reply to your confirmation message before x time or else the appointment will go to someone else? Maybe put up a waiting list of people that can jump in the empty slots?

Yes I Do all that already.... but I often find by the time someone hasnt turned up, there isnt enough time to inform the next person/they have gone elsewhere etc. Its VERY frustrating.

I have a 24 hour cancellation policy, that all my clients have to sign a form for, and is attached to their record cards, it states that they must give at least 24 hrs notice to cancel or the full service charge is applicable.
I had to put this in place due to one client who would text less than 4 hours before their appointment, never call. They are no longer a client as I don't have time for people to be unreliable.
So far 3 clients have had to pay but they have all been fine about it.
They are all aware as they have signed this.
Jen xx

I am struggling with this at the moment too.

All i do is not offer them times when im mega busy, so if they decide to mess me about again its not so bad like id offer them a late saturday or a monday time, both of which dont affect me bad if they dont turn up. I also have a 3 strikes and you out policy. Im thinking of putting that on my facebook status just so they know.

Latest posts

Back