Whats your pet hate , with being a hairdresser/barber?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How DOES that happen???
It's not as if there's just the odd one! I take mine of and it falls out in a cloud - and then there's more threaded in the material!

getting undressed after a busy day, and finding hair in your bra! It's all the slicing i do - hair goes everywhere lol

I don't like fidgety clients. I mean the ones who insist on looking around the place and moving their head in all directions when you're colouring/perming/anything! I don't understand how they can't be aware that we cannot work with their hair when their heads are being thrown about the place.

Trouble is, I don't have the balls to ask them to keep their heads still!

And this may not count as a pet hate but I actually cannot stand perming.

Teenage boys who don't sit up straight!! Kinda hard to cut hair when they sit with their head on their knees! :|

I don't like fidgety clients. I mean the ones who insist on looking around the place and moving their head in all directions when you're colouring/perming/anything! I don't understand how they can't be aware that we cannot work with their hair when their heads are being thrown about the place.

oh yes!! Or the move their head just as you've got the scissors ready to cut....

People's heads gradually moving down.....down....down....lift their head......down.....down. After the 15th time I want to scream!

Lol.. Had to join just to add to this thread! Clients who take the comb or brush outta ur hand mid service! Well try too.. I've tapped a few fingers b4! They wudnt take the screwdriver outta an electricians hand so why is this socially acceptable?

And the "my friend thinks I should have this colour" conversation!! Really?? She a hairdresser?? Maybe u shud let her do it for u then??..... Oh she works in the cafe down the road!! She won't understand the "tint doesn't lift a tint" rule then!! Grrrr!!

Couldn't agree more, Persianista. They're not allowing you to do your best work. I reckon it's a damned cheek ...

Pay for a cut and blow dry then!!!
I hate dry cuts, or even wet cuts where they dont wanna pay for a blow dry.
Dry cut, I just cut it, dont style it or anything, wash and cut means they leave with it wet.

I explain that you cannot get the best from a haircut unless the hairdresser sees it dry, washed, then dry again.

It makes my blood boil seeing/hearing non-hairdressers instructing others on how to colour their hair.

"I went down to Sally's and got some bleach and some peroxide and I bought the 40vol so it goes lighter"

People like that need to be shot.

This is the one that really pee's me off!
It's such bad manners. A sandwich shop near my salon has a notice saying that if someone is on their phone they won't be served until they cut the call. I'd love to put something like that in place in my salon.

BIGGEST pet hate is when clients like to leap out of there chair when their phone rings WHILST im still cutting their hair.....not the brightest at times are they!

I think that mobiles ought to charge by the hour. They sure as hell wouldn't do it then!

I'm self employed (mobile) and my pet hate is when i arrive to be told 'Ive just got to get the kids something to eat' or 'I'll just hang the washing out' or 'i'll just got to make this call first'...that sort of thing, It really infuriates me as i am always on time and never ever late to my clients,They usually then say after the appointment 'Oh is that the time already ' :eek:
Also irks me when clients are oblivious to their children trying to touch equipment,I always put my equipment as 'out of the way' as i can but always have to step in and warn them not to touch (used to happen in the salon also)

Yep, you can always tell your own work.
I lost a client once because I told her that I realised she'd cut her fringe herself - no hassle, they often do it. She vehemently denied it even though I knew that she had - and I never saw her again ... LOL!

You lot just havn't got your clients sufficiently scared of you! Mine would not dare colour their own hair, let alone try and buy a tube of tint! The tint I use isn't available in wholesalers, plus I always intermix so they aint got a hope in hell of matching it!

Mine slink in shamefaced if they so much as get a fringe trim elsewhere. I know my cutting signature so well I can tell "snippage" a mile off!

LMAO!!!! Why do I empathise????

I work in salon as a barber and we are non appointment so when we close at 8pm we put a sign up stating we are not taking any more cuts as we are busy til closing and someone will walk in and say "can you not fit me in?" erm no dude we have homes to go to!! Lol

Also when you sit them in ya chair and you say "what can I do for you?" and they reply "a hair cut" I say back "sorry we don't do them here!!!" really annoys me lol :)

It makes my blood boil seeing/hearing non-hairdressers instructing others on how to colour their hair.

"I went down to Sally's and got some bleach and some peroxide and I bought the 40vol so it goes lighter"

People like that need to be shot.

Dont get me started...Took my friend on a spa day for her birthday on Sunday and overheard someone doing this in the sauna!! She even said "i read how to do it on a forum its dead easy a monkey could do it!!!" i had to walk out. My friend couldn't keep a straight face either!

I'd like to see a monkey do a full head foils using 3 colours then lol some people it's like saying I watch ER so I'll do your operation dumb gits

when you get a client in, you have a consultation with them, sit them down and they come out with..............'' i want it cutting but no length off''. Well what have you come in for? a chat? advice? ahaha

One time i had a lady come in and she wanted to go a shade lighter, so i told her we would have do a ''cleansing shampoo'' to remove the previous colour. she then asked me what she needed to get from sallys to do this.....i was like WHAT!! are you serious you want me to tell you what products to buy so you can start bleach bathing your own hair. god some people.

when you get a client in, you have a consultation with them, sit them down and they come out with..............'' i want it cutting but no length off''. Well what have you come in for? a chat? advice? ahaha

One time i had a lady come in and she wanted to go a shade lighter, so i told her we would have do a ''cleansing shampoo'' to remove the previous colour. she then asked me what she needed to get from sallys to do this.....i was like WHAT!! are you serious you want me to tell you what products to buy so you can start bleach bathing your own hair. god some people.

Lol yeah classic, I'd like a complete change, but I don't want anything off the length or layers and no fringe... Umm, shall I use my wand and make it longer?
:p

a man with long hair saying "do what you think"

If I did what I thought he wouldn't have long hair!!! Haha

I had a client on Thursday, while I was blow drying thinking she was helping moving her head in every direction the blowdryer blew arrrrggg.

I had a client on Thursday, while I was blow drying thinking she was helping moving her head in every direction the blowdryer blew arrrrggg.

soo agree with this! Also i had a male client once having his hair washed at the basins who kept lifting his head up to watch the female hairdressers everytime they walked past!! Eventually i decided that if head a wet back, so be it :lol:

Latest posts

Back