What's your worst Christmas gift ever received?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM I know this sounds really horrible but I can't stop laughing at your posts. They have me in stitches.

I know that my misery gives you great joy. I'll keep it up just for you! :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
My MIL 3 yrs ago bought me a bar of soap, not a nice one, literally it was a bar of regular soap..... Hmmm haven't spoken to her since ;-) which I have to say is nice.

I don't let my other half wrap any presents or the kids end up opening each other's lol

I'd been shopping with an ex and admired a lovely coat. Christmas day (our first together) came and I got a big squushy present. I got all excited thinking it was the coat. It was a granny style dressing gown! And my ex mother in law was always buying me awful clothes from places like bon marche! The one year she got me a nice jumper from Next it was miles too big. Luckily my current partner & in laws are brilliant at buying presents.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My in-laws are Jehovah's Witnesses so no chance of dodgy gifts from them for Xmas or birthdays! Lol!

Aftershave from my mum! Also my MIL once handed me a gift and while handing it over said "I got this in the sale because it's smoke damaged. When I opened it, it was a cream wool scarf with a large patch of black where it had been damaged:rolleyes:
I don't know what type of shops my mum went into, but years ago at christmas when my daughter was little she gave her a box containing handcuffs and when my little girl took them out they had red and white fur on them and a label saying "furry love cuffs" :eek:. I had mentioned in a previous post about her also giving my daughter (when she was about 7) this little box containing a silk heart and when my little girl pulled it from the box and put it on her head, thinking it was an eye patch to discover a g-string:lol: Now there's an ideal present for my 92 year old great aunt with one eye:D:D

So funny! Maybe Anne Summers were having a sale.

My worst was from my mother in law when I was about 30 (not 300), a thermal vest and a spotty scarf and stripey gloves. My step mother in law used to give my kids teddies every Xmas from a charity shop (they still had the oxfam price label on!) and on my daughters birthday recently they sent her a happy 18th birthday card - she's just turned 17 !.
When I told her she said "well it said grand daughter on it so it doesn't matter what the age is" !!! I suppose she's lucky she didn't get a 40th card then lol

Tea towels from my great nanna when I was 10! Also a bar of soap of my MIL which she'd made a little pouch for (picture a bar of soap in a sleeping bag) and I was told not to use it to wash with i'm to pierce holes in the paper and put it underwear drawer to make it smell nice er WTF? x

I have an ex-friend who is notoriously tight. I've had from her over the years a bracelet that was obviously from a cheap cracker, a scarf that smelled of her perfume and smellies in a faded box that must have been on her dressing table for donkey's years.
I'm looking forward to no gift from her this year 😊

Tea towels from my great nanna when I was 10! Also a bar of soap of my MIL which she'd made a little pouch for (picture a bar of soap in a sleeping bag) and I was told not to use it to wash with i'm to pierce holes in the paper and put it underwear drawer to make it smell nice er WTF? x

Ha ha nothing new here - they used to make those on Blue Peter years ago...ha ha ha clearly I'm old enough to remember! oppsss

I have really laughed at some of these:lol:

I was given Fun hats in a secret Santa. They had notes on them saying what a wonderful person the receiver was. Except it wasn't for me, it was meant for another girl with the same name as mine :eek:

I've had mine.... a karcher window cleaner already from my other half... So I could clean the conservatory windows before the tree went up.... Next year.....will be so different....!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

I got a washing up bowl from an ex once, I stuck it on his head and gave him rubber gloves for his birthday in January. :)

Not a Christmas gift but a birthday gift from MIL to my husband last year. A tray! Yes, a tray she had for years with scratches all over it! WTF!

I'm beginning to see a pattern here... crappy present from bf = ex.
Ha!

Oh, just thought of another crappy one: non alcoholic wine. These shouldn't even exist. One year I got two bottles from my class parents and none of the other teachers would take it as they all had a bottle from the same mum and all were baffled by it. :eek:

My ex-partners mum was very, very broke - took on a mortgage of a family home after her divorce and couldn't really afford it. That's fine, I understand that so I told her we didn't need to do presents, we could just have a meal together at her house or something instead.

She looked at me as though I'd just asked her to murder her dog. That year, she gave me a set of towels for our new house. But they were SO cheap they didn't even do what they are here to do - instead of drying you, they just spread the water over your body!

I'd rather have no presents than a completely useless present!

A toaster off my mom. I had saved opening it till last cos it was the biggest lol. I hadn't moved house, or renovated, it was completely plain and I already had a toaster. Lol wth?

Also, musk scented drawer liners from m&s when I was 9...

Latest posts

Back