When doing pedicure/polish, do you use toe separators?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
When you're applying polish to clients toes do you use toe seperators?
If so, do you reuse them or use disposable?
Where do you get your seperators from? Ive been using basic ones from supermarkets, but ther're not exactly cheap and want something a bit more "professional".

I've decided to offer Gelish toes after alot of thought and have done more toes than fingers! lol. I actually feel more confident doing toes than fingers lol, but I guess that comes from my Podiatry background..

Thanks
Caroline

I use disposable and chuck them or let the client have them if they want them,

I get them off eBay yes I know I shouldn't but I got 50 pairs for 90pence

I use disposable tissue and roll it up and thread through the toes.
Quick easy and clean and no need to maintain.

I do if they have hide and go seek toes but I've had a number of ladies who's toes don't hide behind others so I've been quite lucky.

I also use tissues and my clients love the idea. They think its more hygenic and obv cheaper and easier for me!! Roll the tissue up longways if that makes sense to get enough bulk to separate the toes properly and its a perfect way xx

I use disposable tissue and roll it up and thread through the toes.
Quick easy and clean and no need to maintain.

Hadnt thought of that! would tissue be ok to go in my UV lamp though? and do you use "box" tissues or a roll of toilet roll? lol
x

I use tissue too, just out of a normal box of tissues, roll it up and thread it between the toes, if it is too long either end trim a bit off but I never need to and it goes in the lamp.

Another vote for tissues from me! No offence to anyone who uses to seperators, but if i went to a salon and they tried using them i would be wondering if they were infact new or not, maybe thats my inner hygiene freak taking over! Just thought then though, would cotton hankerchiefs be more cost effective? Seeing as paper tissues are so massively expensive and all :p

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I use pink separators which I also got very cheap from ebay and they have hearts that sit at the top of each separator - very cute!
I use them if the client has touchy toes and then they keep them, if their toes are non-touchy :) then I dont use them.
x

I ask if they are ok with toe separators. If they are I let them take them home. I open the packet in front if each client

I use pink separators which I also got very cheap from ebay and they have hearts that sit at the top of each separator - very cute!
I use them if the client has touchy toes and then they keep them, if their toes are non-touchy :) then I dont use them.
x

I use the same :) I'm mobile - my clients get a new pair and get to keep them for their next appointment!

I used to use tissues but found sometimes they didn't separate some clients toes enough, now I use toe rope. We get it from beauty express. Xx

I use toe ropes (disposable) very soft and don't cause any discomfort ;)

I got a load of disposable ones from Sally's for a couple of pounds.

We buy toe separators in bulk and we cut them into individual "toesies" because usually the individual who needs toe separators doesn't need them for EVERY one of her toes. This makes them go farther so we get more bang for our buck. You can certainly purchase the individual "toesies," but at the rate we go through them, this is definitely a calculated cost saving measure for our nail spa.

We were using rolled tissue between the toes but since we are a high-end salon, our clients considered it "low-rent." They said since they were paying $50 for a pedicure, the least we could do was provide them a pair of toe separators. LOL

Last edited:
I use toe ropes and they work really well for most clients. However, some people have really overlapping toes but your idea "Gr8nailz" of cutting up the toe separators into "toesies" is genius - will definately pinch that one!

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back