When lashing how do you keep your tweezers clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lots of lashes

Reaction score
hello ladies,

Just wondering how you all clean the glue off your tweezers during a treatment? What do you all use?

I sometimes use my protein remover wipes or a little bit of debonder but read somewhere that you can dip you tweezers into acetone to keep them clean.

Do any of you use this method?

Please help before I run out of products :sad: xx

I use alcohol pads that i get from ABX beauty. I also use a nail file if they get quite a lot on which luckily doesn't happen so much now :D

Trigene

Su

Yes its not cheap but its the best? why?

It can be diluted down and you can clean your whole area with it! everything., couch, room, floor, and on and on....... a small diluted amount will clean pathogens, that alcohol will not touch.

Its outside the scope of things that a lot of people will look at, but because it is so professional and versatile I like it.

Take a read

Trigene Advance Concentrate Blue Disinfectant (1 Litre) - Selles Medical

Hope this helps,

Su x

During treatment I rarely get adhesive on my tweezers, but if I do, I will use alcohol pads to cleanse them. And of course before/ after each client I will disinfect the tools with Mundo rapid instrument and tool disinfectant.

:hug:

During treatment I rarely get adhesive on my tweezers, but if I do, I will use alcohol pads to cleanse them. And of course before/ after each client I will disinfect the tools with Mundo rapid instrument and tool disinfectant.

:hug:

hi priory, thanks for that.
I run my tweezers up the applied lash to remove any excess glue
I have tried using a micro brush with the head removed but find picking it up and putting it back down again takes up more time :sad: so have gone back to using my tweezers.

Have you been doing lashes for that long now that you have mastered the fine art of just applying the right amount of glue, or have any tips you would like to share with us

Angelina, thanks for your reply its nice to know its not just me and fingers crossed through time and experience we will be able to have clean tweezers :D

Mainly I have learnt to pick up the right amount - if I have too much of adhesive, I will dab a bit of on under eye gel patch. If there is a ball of glue on the fake eyelash, I will gently spread it across the length of natural eyelash and only then apply fake eyelash. I guess that is all I do really :hug:

i dont really get any glue on my tweezers anymore i use a cocktail stick if there is still any left on the lash once it is in place on the natural lash and do like priory does spreads it evenly up the natural lash.

we teach to cover half the lash in the adhesive and there should be 3 tiny droplets of the adhesive on the lash to give the correct amount of coverage. once i have swept the lash up the natural lash once or twice it seems to just attract and the adhesive has usually be spread evenly by this stage not leaving any droplets on the lash.

does any of that make sense? im off to bed now been a long week xx

Alot of stylists will use acetone and just leave them in it as they have another tweezer to use while the other one is 'soaking'. If you are going to do this, you need to make sure you wipe the tweezer perfectly dry before using it.

A few lashers will snap off the fuzzy end of a microfiber brush and tape it to the end of their tweezer so they just flip their tweezer and wipe the excess adhesive off with the MF stick.

HTH

i dont really get any glue on my tweezers anymore i use a cocktail stick if there is still any left on the lash once it is in place on the natural lash and do like priory does spreads it evenly up the natural lash.

we teach to cover half the lash in the adhesive and there should be 3 tiny droplets of the adhesive on the lash to give the correct amount of coverage. once i have swept the lash up the natural lash once or twice it seems to just attract and the adhesive has usually be spread evenly by this stage not leaving any droplets on the lash.

does any of that make sense? im off to bed now been a long week xx

Thanks kelshah, yes that does all make sense.

I have a lash consult followed by a full set on Monday so will try to get 3 tiny droplets per lash and see if this helps to keep my tweezers clean.

Think I have got myself into the bad habit of running my tweezers up every lash i apply just to make sure the bond is secure even if I don't have to much adhesive on the lash :o will try to remind myself to leave them alone in future.

Alot of stylists will use acetone and just leave them in it as they have another tweezer to use while the other one is 'soaking'. If you are going to do this, you need to make sure you wipe the tweezer perfectly dry before using it.

A few lashers will snap off the fuzzy end of a microfiber brush and tape it to the end of their tweezer so they just flip their tweezer and wipe the excess adhesive off with the MF stick.

HTH

Oh Jogels, I love helpful tips like this
I will give this a try as back up just in case I still need to wipe any lashes and fingers crossed my tweezers will remain nice and clean :D

Think I will stay away from the acetone as I think no matter how clean and sterile my tweezers where I just don't think I would feel right about using it just in case

i use acetone if i need to, but its in a pump dispenser, i just pump it on cotton wool and wipe my tweezers
also use it 2clean my jade stone if i need to

i use acetone if i need to, but its in a pump dispenser, i just pump it on cotton wool and wipe my tweezers
also use it 2clean my jade stone if i need to

Can you tell me does it just evaporate? Or do you still need to clean your tweezers afterwards?

tried to get 3 tiny droplets tonight ....not very easy could get 2 or 1 big lol
however I didn't wipe as much as I normally would and when I did I turned my tweezers over and wiped with the micro brush I had taped on. That worked a treat.

Thanks everyone for all your feed back it really has helped xx

Glad that it helped!;)

Can you tell me does it just evaporate? Or do you still need to clean your tweezers afterwards?

it just evaporates, cos its on the cottonwool (like removing nail varnish) just a quick wipe gets glue off, then after treatment mundo toolcleaner

Nouveau sell Trigene wipes. Quick and easy!

We where told to use acetone . it was in a small pot beside us and we wipe it off the tweezer before picking up lashes or going near eye x

Easiest thiing to do - go to the drug store and purchase a nail polish remover jar with the sponge that you dip your nail into to remove the polish, empty it and fill it with pure acetone.

you can dip your tweezers quickly into the sponge without having to free up both your hands so you can still isolate the lashes to allow proper drying etc.

Latest posts

Back