When u started were u ever happy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare_bear

Reaction score
when u started cutting, were u ever completely happy with the results, did u look and pat urself on the back? or does it take a while to get to that stage? is it all a matter of practice or confidence?

i think it took me a while to train my eyes to actually physically see something in a hair cut, i always used to get told my cross checking wasnt up to scratch, i wud think it looked ace and then my trainer wud be like OI LOOK AT THIS BIT. . . but with time u get confidence and get the eagle eye, so much so that even people who arent in the salon i will notice like bits missed or bits over thinned etc. . .
give it time, once you are more confident and have built up ur skills u will sit back and go AHHHH BEAUTIFUL xx

Hi, I dont pat myself on the back for basic cuts because I like funky ones more lolx
although we must all learn the precision cuts and a lot of clients love these too , I realize that these come first before the creative ones ,
basic cuts are quite easy to master and you will sooon get good at it with lots of practice :hug:
it's fitting them onto different head shapes like thinning temples and all sorts of funny shaped hairlines is the hard bit lolx
when you are learning I found that as long as you dont get over confident because thats when things can go wrong ,

so always study the hair and the head shape first and always have a plan in mind , and it wont be long before its all good ,

long hair is the hardest , but dont worry too much as you will never get a long haircut absolutely perfect all over ,

but personally I don't really like plain cuts I prefere a cut to look funky and original ,
I will suggest funky cuts to the client especially if think it will suit them,
some will shy away from this but others love it :lol: lol x

sometimes I won't take longer bits off the fringe or attempt to make it nice and even if it looks good,
because.... I find leaving it a bit uneven or leaving longer bits it looks far btter with it left there ,

I think if another hairdresser went over some of my cuts they could think oh :eek: goodness , who on earth has cut this ???? because it has longer bits here and there ,
so I explain this to the client first ,

I sometimes leave out a longer section or bits just over a fringe area
rather than under the fringe,
this way it doesn't get in the clients eyes but the person can still peep from under a longer more sexy fringe, add a bit of colour to this in just the right place and you can have a really funky little style going on

I think it's really good to think up some great little cuts for yourself too outside the box

iykwim :hug:

I never felt happy with my cuts, cutting is my least favourite thing to do. Although i know deep down i am good at it, i am rarely 100% happy with a cut- this is to do with confidence tho. just keep practising and you'll get more and more confident.

It takes time and practise. It's highly skilled work, and nobody is born knowing how to cut! keep learning and practising x

it all takes time im due to qualifying and ive got more confidence than what i used to but still not as much as id like

x

Latest posts

Back