When you haven't applied it and it's not Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I just want to know what you charge a client if they say they have had shellac and its NOT shellac and then you spend 30-40 minutes trying to soak and buff it off BEFORE you even begin your shellac?

Do you charge for the time you have used up on that?

Let me know as I don't know what to do!!

Personally I would charge a nominal amount, it's not your fault they've got a different product on than what they've said and your time is valuable, why should you give it away for free? I charge £7 for soaking off (although I use Gelish not Shellac) if I've applied the product and they're not having a new set. If I've not applied the product I charge £10 (or £5 if they're having a set of Gelish applied) Or is that harsh of me? lol

Personally I would charge a nominal amount, it's not your fault they've got a different product on than what they've said and your time is valuable, why should you give it away for free? I charge £7 for soaking off (although I use Gelish not Shellac) if I've applied the product and they're not having a new set. If I've not applied the product I charge £10 (or £5 if they're having a set of Gelish applied) Or is that harsh of me? lol

I charge £5 for a soak off of a shellac that I didnt apply originally but i expect that to tak eno more than 15 minutes. If something takes 35-45 minutes to take off as it doesnt soak off and then you have to buff etc I want to know how much more I should charge as thats a lot of my time I have wasted? I do tell clients that if it turns out not to be shellac but a different product I will charge more but i don't know how much to charge i was thinking the cost of a treatment that takes me 40 minutes? i have no idea.......help?

If a soak off takes me 30+ minutes, I charge $30.

If a soak off takes me 30+ minutes, I charge $30.

$30 Extra on top of your shellac price?

I thought £15/£20 as thats what my 30/45 minute minimum treatment costs but didn't know if this was really HARSH?

I work on the basis of £30 an hour. If a soak off takes 1/2 an hour it would be £15 on top of the basic Shellac price. if it takes 45 mins to soak off then it would be an extra £7.50 for every 15 mins. IYKWIM
After all you are running a business and it's your time that they are using up, and products to remove.
You need to make the client aware that it was not shellac that they had on their nails and they will see the difference in removal when they return for their reshellac.
Jen xx

$30 Extra on top of your shellac price?

I thought £15/£20 as thats what my 30/45 minute minimum treatment costs but didn't know if this was really HARSH?

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant as a stand alone service. I would certainly reduce the cost if they were getting another service. If they were getting a manicure and Shellac, I would charge $15 on top of the cost of the manicure and Shellac application.

Latest posts

Back