Where am I going wrong? Finding clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, I am in a similar position where I am struggling to gain clients.I have joined facebook and twitter, and posted a few photos but don't seem to be having much luck!Can I show my lack of technology and ask what should I be tweeting!Tried a few specials - but poor uptake.I know the financial climate is still in a fairly distressed state, but others seem to be busy enough - any tips?:p

Remember when on twitter to # places in your area, for example I'd do spray tan offer only £10 #spraytan #northumberland

Hope that makes sense? Xx

I found facebook didn't help a great deal for me even though i was doing everything right, i had lots of likes on my page but no1 actually booking in.

I had a low amount to spend on marketing so decided to leaflet drop, i made my own leaflets and paid work a small amount to use their printer to print them off.

Chose your streets wisely i find areas where theres lots of stay at home mums ect are the best, i only went out twice for an hour both times and before i knew it had bookings coming in.

All you need is a few clients and their nails will get noticed, for me the biggest help was when the mums took/picked up their children from school its brought me lots of clients as their nails got noticed and my name was brought up.

I've had my own little bussiness 2 years now and its growing and growing you will get their eventually :)

Yeah, I have quite a lot of likes on my Facebook page but like you said no one hooking in, might look into having a leaflet drop I have a load of price lists so I could pop those through people's doors I suppose! Ill look into the best areas to do it, I need the exercise too lol!

Well done on your business, glad it's growing :) xxx

I didn't tell my dad that I left my job as a secretary. i knew he would think id made a mistake. I did the nail courses, set up business, then told him. I think he's quite proud that I made it a success all by my self .. hee hee:D

Aww I bet he is! What an achievement!! Xx

I log on using my laptop and i search my area in posts, i then look for ladies, and go on to their followers and see if they have their location in their little bio. I look for local businesses, newspapers etc and look through their followers. It can be time consuming, but there aren't any rules to break if u don't know them it is acceptable to click the follow button.

I also search 'spray tan' then click the little clog like button to do an advanced search, in the advance search you can set your location and it searches tweets within a 15 mile radius... So just check their bio before clicking follow ;) . Also local pubs, bars, are good ones for looking for potential clients.

Xx

Also, twitter is fast moving if you have alot of followers, so i sometimes post a few times a day...

Its more them noticing my business and booking rather than what i actually post. I post my website link, my facebook link, any 'offer' i say offer but it is more of a multiple treatment discount but change it to suit either holidays, xmas etc. xx

Oh no family support sucks, my dads still wondering when I'm going to get a "proper" job ha ha.
Let your haters be your motivators !!!

Also, twitter is fast moving if you have alot of followers, so i sometimes post a few times a day...

Its more them noticing my business and booking rather than what i actually post. I post my website link, my facebook link, any 'offer' i say offer but it is more of a multiple treatment discount but change it to suit either holidays, xmas etc. xx

Thank you! Ill get on the computer and get a twitter set up etc then! Any things worth a try!! :) xx

Oh no family support sucks, my dads still wondering when I'm going to get a "proper" job ha ha.
Let your haters be your motivators !!!

Haha! Honestly, sometimes I do wonder! The only person who believes that beauty is a good job is my great uncle who lives in London, and that's only because his next door neighbour is a mobile therapist and drives a Bentley!! Haha! Xx

There you go lovely, that will be you one day :D

Good on you Hun :) you can do it, and like other poster said take before and after pictures of everything you do, once your name gets around you'll notice a difference, it's hard work but it will soon pay off :) I'm 13 years in and I wouldn't be doing anything else :)

Banks for your replies :) hopefully one day!! Haha xx

Hi, I was wondering how you are doing if you have had any luck gaining clients. being positive and confident is definitely the key. love what you do and be the best you can be. Always give 100% customer service and leave the client feeling good.
Are there any networking events that you could go to? they really do work offer to give their client an offer and in return they give your clients an offer. you usually end up getting clients from these things.

Collect email addresses and do monthly reminders or a little bit of info on one of your treatments.

go and give out those referral cards to people behind the counter at little boutiques or bridal shops, coffee shops, the more people you give them out to the higher chance of getting a client be happy smilie and look your best.
in the beginning i used to be so nervous and people could see it, you'll get there you have to believe in yourself and that can be hard if your family arn't backing you. mine are the same xxx good luck xxxx

Fab thread!! Gave me a bit of a refresh with advice too, Good luck & stick with it :) x

Hi, I was wondering how you are doing if you have had any luck gaining clients. being positive and confident is definitely the key. love what you do and be the best you can be. Always give 100% customer service and leave the client feeling good.
Are there any networking events that you could go to? they really do work offer to give their client an offer and in return they give your clients an offer. you usually end up getting clients from these things.

Collect email addresses and do monthly reminders or a little bit of info on one of your treatments.

go and give out those referral cards to people behind the counter at little boutiques or bridal shops, coffee shops, the more people you give them out to the higher chance of getting a client be happy smilie and look your best.
in the beginning i used to be so nervous and people could see it, you'll get there you have to believe in yourself and that can be hard if your family arn't backing you. mine are the same xxx good luck xxxx

Thank you, I haven't managed to get any as of yet, but I'm going to go putting price lists through doors one night this week and iv also written a list of places I can leave cards/price lists so going to try and get to those too. Also iv been emailing schools about offering prom packages, so hoping something might come from that!

Thanks for the idea of giving the referral cards to shops etc, its defiantly my biggest fear asking people to give things out for me, but I suppose I'm just going to have to get over it if I want this to work! I really struggle trying to think of how to ask people these kind of things lol.

Thanks again! Xx

Latest posts

Back