Where am I going wrong? Finding clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well iv got 2 friends getting their nails done this week, One I'm doing them as a birthday present and the other at cost price! Iv also ripped my sister in for a spray tan and going to do my mums nails this week for her too! :) hopefully my 2 friends will give some cards etc out, and my mum and sister can just be used for photos! :) I work with my mum so would be pointless giving her cards lol xx

good for you hun, you have to start somewhere.....hope it goes well xx

Thank you! Hopefully it might bring a client to me! :) xx

Just added you, keep your chin up, I'm sure things will improve :) xx

I can't find a link to your page from your profile.
You should add your page as your place of work, makes it easy to find and helps clients to find you. It definitely helped my 'like' numbers increase x

Hey don't get deflated!!! It takes time and you have to keep upbeat!

Take before and after pics of your sisters spray tan or of her tan line and put it on your face book page with a note of how great /natural looking it is and to ring for more details!

How's about instead of discounting individual tans put an offer on Facebook along the lines of.

" amazing April offer... Get four friends together for a girlie pamper night and each only pay £10 for you xxx tans (normal price £15) the perfect way to start your weekend "

Or how's about " ... Get four pals together for spray tans this friday at £15 and each get a shape and polish on your toes for FREE! The host will also get a shape and polish on her hands on me.... Go on it would be rude not to😉"

I can't find a link to your page from your profile.
You should add your page as your place of work, makes it easy to find and helps clients to find you. It definitely helped my 'like' numbers increase x

Oh thanks! Ill go do that now, I always though it was linked!! Xx

Hey don't get deflated!!! It takes time and you have to keep upbeat!

Take before and after pics of your sisters spray tan or of her tan line and put it on your face book page with a note of how great /natural looking it is and to ring for more details!

How's about instead of discounting individual tans put an offer on Facebook along the lines of.

" amazing April offer... Get four friends together for a girlie pamper night and each only pay £10 for you xxx tans (normal price £15) the perfect way to start your weekend "

Or how's about " ... Get four pals together for spray tans this friday at £15 and each get a shape and polish on your toes for FREE! The host will also get a shape and polish on her hands on me.... Go on it would be rude not to😉"

Great ideas! Thank you, yeah ill defiantly get some before and after photos of her! Great idea on the group tans! Iv been trying to think of ways to promote tanning parties recently! Thanks again! Xx

Please don't get upset. I was 18 when I bought my salon & EVERYONE doubted me, its a massive shop to take on. At first you worry too much, but just improve the relationship you have with clients & your services. They will recommend. Remember they're more likely to tell 100 people if your not so good - but they will tell 10 people you are good but them 10 clients bring in alot for you! Don't worry, your friends and family should support if they don't prove them wrong. Good Luck!! xxx

Please don't get upset. I was 18 when I bought my salon & EVERYONE doubted me, its a massive shop to take on. At first you worry too much, but just improve the relationship you have with clients & your services. They will recommend. Remember they're more likely to tell 100 people if your not so good - but they will tell 10 people you are good but them 10 clients bring in alot for you! Don't worry, your friends and family should support if they don't prove them wrong. Good Luck!! xxx

Wow, that's amazing! I'm only 19 at the moment and work part time as an accounts assistant, and I think my family and friends think I should stay there with a 'real' career! It's hard doing it without much support but like you say I'll just have to prove them wrong! I'm currently looking into buying my own home in the next few years with a view of building a cabin salon in the garden. Hopefully things will start to look up!
By the way I honestly think its amazing that you opened a salon at 18!! Xx

A wise man once told me that it takes 2 years to build a business and 5 to build a name. He's right!
And it take ps 15 years to become an overnight success!

A wise man once told me that it takes 2 years to build a business and 5 to build a name. He's right!
And it take ps 15 years to become an overnight success!

Thanks, I'm not expecting to have a business straight away, just a booking a month would keep me going if you know what I mean, or even just a little interest! Xx

Thanks, I'm not expecting to have a business straight away, just a booking a month would keep me going if you know what I mean, or even just a little interest! Xx

Are you on all the free advertising sites? If not, then get your self on them. Just takes a little time. Do you have a website? Link that to your free ads. Google your services and your area, see if people can find you.

Word of mouth is the best advertisement, but people do search online, yell.com.

Twitter has worked better for me than facebook- there isn't rules about adding people, you can follow who u like!

Food luck xz

Good luck ;) stupid phone! Xx

Hi lady!!! I'd be annoyed with my family and friends for not believing in Me. They should be there for you :( so sad.

I think you should also keep your prices the same and carry on regardless. Keep your chin up YOU CAN DO IT!!! Good luck xxx

Hi there, I am in a similar position where I am struggling to gain clients.I have joined facebook and twitter, and posted a few photos but don't seem to be having much luck!Can I show my lack of technology and ask what should I be tweeting!Tried a few specials - but poor uptake.I know the financial climate is still in a fairly distressed state, but others seem to be busy enough - any tips?:p

I found facebook didn't help a great deal for me even though i was doing everything right, i had lots of likes on my page but no1 actually booking in.

I had a low amount to spend on marketing so decided to leaflet drop, i made my own leaflets and paid work a small amount to use their printer to print them off.

Chose your streets wisely i find areas where theres lots of stay at home mums ect are the best, i only went out twice for an hour both times and before i knew it had bookings coming in.

All you need is a few clients and their nails will get noticed, for me the biggest help was when the mums took/picked up their children from school its brought me lots of clients as their nails got noticed and my name was brought up.

I've had my own little bussiness 2 years now and its growing and growing you will get their eventually :)

Wow, that's amazing! I'm only 19 at the moment and work part time as an accounts assistant, and I think my family and friends think I should stay there with a 'real' career! It's hard doing it without much support but like you say I'll just have to prove them wrong! I'm currently looking into buying my own home in the next few years with a view of building a cabin salon in the garden. Hopefully things will start to look up!
By the way I honestly think its amazing that you opened a salon at 18!! Xx

I didn't tell my dad that I left my job as a secretary. i knew he would think id made a mistake. I did the nail courses, set up business, then told him. I think he's quite proud that I made it a success all by my self .. hee hee:D

Are you on all the free advertising sites? If not, then get your self on them. Just takes a little time. Do you have a website? Link that to your free ads. Google your services and your area, see if people can find you.

Word of mouth is the best advertisement, but people do search online, yell.com.

Twitter has worked better for me than facebook- there isn't rules about adding people, you can follow who u like!

Food luck xz

Hia, yeah I'm on pretty much every one I could find and google places!
Might give twitter a try, didn't really think of that one, how did you find people in your area? Thanks!! Xx

Hi lady!!! I'd be annoyed with my family and friends for not believing in Me. They should be there for you :( so sad.

I think you should also keep your prices the same and carry on regardless. Keep your chin up YOU CAN DO IT!!! Good luck xxx

Thank you! Yeah it's very frustrating not having much support from home, they support if they fancy a treatment but after that beauty's not the best thing for me to do etc! It's lovely coming on here and finding support and help! Thank you :) xx

Latest posts

Back