Where are all the clients? :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
:cry: I only qualified in May and have been getting steady/slow numbers in the diary...then prom season started and I was busy with all the prom bookings and now nothing!

I do leafleting, hand out my cards,give out free gifts at the schools summer fetes and gala days,ads in the post offices,website,google,yell,facebook....and its just sooooo slow.

Where is everyone....anyone else having issues building thier client base?I only seem to get the ladies who dont rebook...I have an elderly client who is religious with her bookings and loves the enhancements but apart from her everyone else never rebooks.I do my best friends nails and also obv my own and they are good and last so Im not sure its because they dont last...all I ever get is great feedback but no one wants to rebook :(

Any ideas on bringing more through the door and also building client loyalty would be appreciated.

Saddlesore xxxxx

It takes time hun...no-one builds up a busy clientèle in just a couple of months. Just keep getting your name out there and keep advertising in the right places. Give your cards to your friends to give out too.

You could do with some customer feedback on why they ain't returning for infills/rebalances...best way to do that is to ask them....just ask if they where happy with their nails and if there was any particular reason they didn't return.

Also when clients do come for the first time...and you have finished their nails and they have paid..get your appointment book out, pen in hand and say ... "I am able to book your next appointment at the same time in 3 weeks Mrs Smith, is that ok...?"

Best of Luck x

Blame it on the school holidays. A lot of your clients will be needing extra time and money to occupy their children over the holiday period:)

I've been in business 3 years now and nearly none of my clients like to rebook. Literally only a handful. I work tues-sat and instead i find that the phone rings off the hook every tuesday morning with people booking in for the week, so until then i look really quiet lol.

You could try an incentive, such as "Receive a 10% discount off of your infill appointment when you rebook today, only during July/August". Just to get your diary filled in.

Don't forget that you are still very new, it does take time to build up a client base, but you WILL get there.

I also found that having a website hugely increased my client base. Clients like to know how to get hold of you, where to go and prices as easily as possible.

Good luck xx

Blame it on the school holidays. A lot of your clients will be needing extra time and money to occupy their children over the holiday period:)
Yes I agree the summer holidays don't help, clients do cut back as need the extra cash for the kids, also they don't have the same free time when the kids are off. It does take time building clients you just have to be there, Hail, rain or shine and get your reputation out there, dont give up you will be fine :)

Thanks ladies its not easy and I knew it wouldnt be.

I always ask my clients if they are happy and I also text them when I get home or the next day and ask them if they are happy and when would they like to rebook.

When I do get them rebooking they cancel...so Im not sure.

I have put some photos up in my profile of some of the early nails and then some I did on myself two weeks ago...have a look and tell me what you think.

I heard the facebook thing was a success but I have not heard anything from that so far.

Anything particular you guys use that brings the clients in?I have a website but none of my trade comes from there...its my leafleting that has been the winner so far :eek:

xxxxx

Just a thought but I read a post on here a while back that said something along the lines of putting your flyer's in public places. We have a small coffee shop in my town (I'm the same as you just kinda of starting out in a salon) I put a load of Shellac flyer's in there and out of 50 Ive got 4 clients out of it. I'm printing off more now :) Have you though about doing this? I'm also teaming up with other self employed people in my high street. i.e i give them an incentive rate if they let me put flyer's in their shop and recommend me, it seems if you get on the level with other self employed people you get a little business support net where you all refer to each other.

Also make sure you get your app book out before they get up to leave. With pencil in hand just ask in a casual voice "would you like to book for 2 or 3 weeks time Mrs/miss smith?" tends to work 7 times out of 10. Some people on here also like to text/ring the ones that don't rebook just to remind them about their maintenance being due. Its also a prime time to get some feedback into why they wont come back/whats stopping them from coming back. Also if you find they had a problem but didn't want to say, it gives you a chance to rectify it whereas before your wouldn't of known.

Its so lonely being self employed, try not to give up at the first hurdle. One day you will have a few clients pop in and it will be because your making a fuss about yourself xxx confidence is key. Hths as its only my 2 pennies worth since starting from scratch again :hug:

Last edited:
You have not long started so i wouldn't be too worried.

They are probably not rebooking because some people just dont think they can get along to keeping appointments so they then have the embarrassment of having to to call you to cancel because something else has come up!

I wouldn't be too pushy on your clients either, you may just scare them away! Ask them if they would like to rebook after you have finished thier nails, if they don't, then they don't. I wouldn't text them 3 weeks later to remind them of their infills, not when you asked at the appointment time if they would like to rebook and they said no. That would be just a little too pushy! JMO

Latest posts

Back