Where to buy equipment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misslaura

Reaction score
Hi again all!

Another question for you all!

I am starting my course in Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2 on monday with The Carlton Institute (it remains to be seen if they are a good school or not, i've heard some fab things and some dire things about them so we shall see! I am going to work hard!)

I know they provide a free kit for all my modules, but from what i've heard (even the people who say their training was fab) the kits are going to be cheap and nasty!

So i'm wondering if anyone can reccommend somewhere (online or in south east england) i can buy the basic equipment i'll need for maniucure, pedicure, waxing, facials, brow tint etc from without breaking the bank?

Obviously when i'm a bit more established i'll upgrade the equipment.

I bought all my equipment for mani and pedi from Sweet Squared and was then trained in CND for the Spa mani and raw earth pedi.
The tools and products are really very good, and with the possible exception of toe rope and polythene bags I've stuck with CND.

where we may actually go and take a look at the salon furniture etc?

do you have a local beauty supply store for licenced technicians?
I get all mine at one here that only students or licensed nail techs/aestheticians/hair stylists can shop at. Then I order things online that are not found around here yet to give something new to the area.

Why not wait till you get to carlton and see what its like then make a decision based on their help.
I would also say maybe you should go to a company whos products you want to use and get their education
Also lafemmenails.co.uk have kits

I did some training there a few years ago - I still use the wax pot I got with my waxing course! The lash and brow tint kit is also exactly the same as I have seen in Sallys! I don't remember getting much in the way for mani/pedi but Sweet Squared have some lovely creative kits!

I agree that it is best to do the course, get your kit then see what you need to get afterwards - if its included in the price you may as well!
hth x

Hiya girls, thanks for all your responses.

I have got the kits (cos they were free) and they're pretty good, the wax pot seems good, it's just the manicure/pedicure kit that's a bit naff, but i intend on doing the Creative Nails course soon so i guess i can go down that route.

On the subject of the Cartlon i have to say they've really improved. Apparently they were taken over last year by a new owner and he's really trying to crack down on the things that people were feeding back, i.e not enough time to practice, not passing people who aren't up to standard etc.

Latest posts

Back