Where's everyone gone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantelle<3

Reaction score
Where is everyone Kaye Nigel Lindsey Scottydolly theden ? I learn so much from these people and they have despaired lol love reading the colouring post never seams to be any colouring posts any more just seams its full of hair extension posts come back lolxx

Where is everyone Kaye Nigel Lindsey Scottydolly theden ? I learn so much from these people and they have despaired lol love reading the colouring post never seams to be any colouring posts any more just seams its full of hair extension posts come back lolxx
Im here , just my life is mentally busy at the mo , im missing everyone too , especially Nige :-( xx

Glad your still here lol It just seems to me like its mainly hair extensions on here at the min missing all the ones about colour lol I no Nige has gone missin :-/ xx

I agree. It's oh so quiet......:)

Lots of hair geeks have been banned, most got fed up with the endless threads about extensions and 'what colour should I have', and we all got moaned at for not playing sweetness and light when we posted.
So most hair geeks are rather selective about posting, lest we get banned too. I keep off of a lot of threads due to the fact I'm seen as rude, due to my writing style.

It's definitely more about extensions , I logged on the other and there were like 6 extension threads one after the other lol xx

Lots of hair geeks have been banned, most got fed up with the endless threads about extensions and 'what colour should I have', and we all got moaned at for not playing sweetness and light when we posted.
So most hair geeks are rather selective about posting, lest we get banned too. I keep off of a lot of threads due to the fact I'm seen as rude, due to my writing style.
your only being true in what you say tho just say it how it it I love that lol xx

I'm missing my fellow professionals although of course there are still plenty here, just repetitive threads by extensionists, students or the general public wanting help.:(

This site isn't what it was a year ago. It's a great resource for us professionals but after-all, it's just a website. I think too many people depend on the advise of others, which is an issue in itself. Rather than thinking about the loss off advice from said banned members, just be glad the advice was there in the first place. There are plenty of amazing stylists still here willing to give advice but in my opinion, not to people that won't help themselves, and as persianista said, sometimes accurate advice is perceived as rudeness due to misunderstanding of the way that something said.

Last edited:
This site isn't what it was a year ago. It's a great resource for us professionals but after-all, it's just a website. I think too many people depend on the advise of others, which is an issue in itself. Rather than thinking about the loss off advice from said banned members, just be glad the advice was there in the first place. There are plenty of amazing stylists still here willing to give advice but in my opinion, not to people that won't help themselves, and as persianista said, sometimes accurate advice is perceived as rudeness due to misunderstanding of something said.
I couldnt agree more with you ;-) xx

There are still loads of members here who can give great advice. The site is what you all make it and if you all sit back and grumble about it all being hair extension threads then that is what it will be.

Keep doing what your doing and you will only get what you've got. If you want it changed then change it buy contributing to threads or even starting your own threads.

I have to agree with Perry. The hairdressing forum is a shadow of its former self since the loss of certain members and the lack of a dedicated hairdressing mod.

There's also very little humour these days. It can't all be blamed on the recession... ;-)

Yea some of the threads are just abit repetitive eg extensions, I love talking colour tho! So ask away

I dont post much anymore because of the calibre of questions when its not another extension thread its a basic question of colour theory which most people should know most colour posts now feel like they just want someone to do the job for them. And as soon as one of us expresses an opinion where shot down by the moderation team. I think salon geek has shot itself in the foot by banning some of the more respected members. I miss the really in depth debates/discussions with people who are as passionate and highly strung as myself. All in all this site is a shadow of its former self.

I do agree. Most colour questions are so basic that I question whether or not the person has had any training at all.
Plus as well, a lot of us are busy with our work, and were told it was better not to post at all than give a short, concise reply, as that was considered 'rude'.
You can't have it all ways.

Glad I'm missed haha. I haven't gone. I still check now and again but won't comment to much now. Used to enjoy the banter and have a laugh while giving advice but like some others I can't always be on the ball due to being busy, or feel it beneath me to provide education to questions that should have been covered in level 1.
I miss the hey-day. I have seen the day and now it's night.

Nige is still about i think (he was about a month ago) he feels the same as all of us (i messaged him), i try to guide still but ive not been on as long as most these, but even i come on 5 mins a day, see something comment then thats it.

I miss the debates that got referred to as arguments sometimes but they were just debates and came true in the end.

Maybe onday theyll pop on when someone finds a hard enough colour problem to get their brains firing, sad part is most that have the hard colour jobs can deal with them without posting, i am going to do a hyperthetical one (well real but i solved it) just to see what you all would do, when i have time to write it out properly x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Nige is still about i think (he was about a month ago) he feels the same as all of us (i messaged him), i try to guide still but ive not been on as long as most these, but even i come on 5 mins a day, see something comment then thats it.

I miss the debates that got referred to as arguments sometimes but they were just debates and came true in the end.

Maybe onday theyll pop on when someone finds a hard enough colour problem to get their brains firing, sad part is most that have the hard colour jobs can deal with them without posting, i am going to do a hyperthetical one (well real but i solved it) just to see what you all would do, when i have time to write it out properly x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Hmm, so we have time to burn? It's bad enough with the amount of real colour help requested, let alone people making stuff up to 'test us out'.
Then you wonder why real hair geeks avoid:(

Maybe there should be a separate forum for extensions questions?

Maybe just searching through the threads before asking an extension question as most have been asked and answered before :))

Latest posts

Back