Which Brand for gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMD

Reaction score
Hi, I know this question has probably been asked several times before but I'm thinking of doing a course in gel nails but not sure which brand to go with. I went to the show today and had a look at OPI soak off gels which take 6mins in the UV lamp and Jessica Nails which takes 90 secs in the UV lamp and is alot more expensive.
Everyone seems to go for Bio sculptures are they the best to go with? also has anyone used CND gel nails, are they any good?
Sorry lots of questions but not sure who to choose

DMD
www.bbeautiful2.co.uk

Hi, I know this question has probably been asked several times before but I'm thinking of doing a course in gel nails but not sure which brand to go with. I went to the show today and had a look at OPI soak off gels which take 6mins in the UV lamp and Jessica Nails which takes 90 secs in the UV lamp and is alot more expensive.
Everyone seems to go for Bio sculptures are they the best to go with? also has anyone used CND gel nails, are they any good?
Sorry lots of questions but not sure who to choose

DMD
www.bbeautiful2.co.uk

Do you mean OPI 2mins each layer in UV lamp( =6mins)
Jessica 90 secs?????? that must be in an LED lamp not UV.

Bio Sculpture is expensive but as the saying goes " reassuringly expensive"

yes OPI is basecoat 1min, colour 2mins and top 3mins
Jessica was 30 secs for each coating lamp cost 350.00 + vat not sure if it was LED
DMD

yes OPI is basecoat 1min, colour 2mins and top 3mins
Jessica was 30 secs for each coating lamp cost 350.00 + vat not sure if it was LED
DMD

That was what they said they were using LED at Olympia today.x

unfortunately i've somehow mislaid the info they gave me so can't check, what is the difference with the uv lamp and led (is it speed?)

DMD

it is speed - the LED lamps cure some gels faster.

Gina x

I was trained in both Bio Sculpture and Calgel, I love Bio Sculpture but when i started to do mobile treatments i wanted something that was just as good but cheaper. Then i found out about Calgel. Apparently Calgel was started by someone who used to work for Bio Sculpture, so this reassured me, Calgel are reasonably priced and have excellent customer care i think LCBT (London) do training using Calgel which is quite cheap! 3 years i have been using this product and havent had one problem with it, best profiting treatment on my pricelist! :)

ok well if your wanting to do just natural nail overlays in colours then i would go with a soak off. SHELLAC is perfect for this.

but if your wanting to do a enhancment then i would deffo go for a buff off gel like BRISA! Which is beautiful to use and the quality of the gel is fantastic. plus they have a great range of stunning pinks!!!!

I have used a few gels and I have to say that Brisa far outshines the rest, for longevity, wearability and quality.
I find Brisa sooooooo easy to use and I have had clients go 12 weeks, yes 12 weeks with no lifting.
They have an excellent range of colours and they also allow you to custom mix your own unique colours with the brisa bolds collection.
Brisa is a buff off gel and it is one of the easiest ones I have ever filed, like a hot knife through butter.
I Love CND products and a bonus is the main distributor here in the UK is Sweet squared who are the best for customer service and aftercare and support. Also Mr Geek himself is part of Sweetsquared.
www.sweetsquared.co.uk 0845 210 60 60 give them a ring they are very helpful.
Jen xxx

You have to try crystal nails gels .So good is this gel a dream to work with colorgel over 150 at good price .So manny gels to pick from :green:this wekend i am dowing a demo video with this gel .Anybody nows a free online video making program???:idea:I wil link it if i get som help with making the video

Latest posts

Back