Which brand microdermabrasion should I choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmaxxy

Msm
Reaction score
Looking at investing in a machine and want to make the right choice, I can't afford to have a machine that clogs a lot as it will be the only one I have. Any reccomendations? I don't like diamond dermabrasion machines.

Thanks

Hi there I have a Silhouette Microdermabrasion unit for sale . Cost me £2000 I'm selling for £980. Comes with heads and crystals, And much more. Let me know if you're interested. I live in Wednesbury , West Midlands. Clare

I Charged £35 per facial, you sell courses better. Think their training is £200 . I closed my salon last year and now work from home and dont really have call for it at home as I'm a busy nail tech.

Looking at investing in a machine and want to make the right choice, I can't afford to have a machine that clogs a lot as it will be the only one I have. Any reccomendations? I don't like diamond dermabrasion machines.

Thanks
How come you don't like diamond MD? They'd solve the clogging problem and you also don't have to buy replacements heads as often as the crystals. When i hear Crystal MD i think crstal clear but i know theyre quite pricey. I notice you're from Kettering maybe you can visit the beauty UK show for more companies who do these products.

Best wishes,
Mel :)

Ive just opened a salon 4 weeks ago so couldn't afford a machine outright so iv gone with Skinbase on a pay as you go ... £12.24 a week minimum. Training provided and a free 2 week trial... I really only need to do one a month minimum to cover the cost of the machine ... !!!
Already sold a course of 6 and exceeded the 1 a week I needed to do, skinbase also advertise you on their web/face book page as your in their salon locator ... Something to think about if it's a new treatment to see if it's worth investing in one before hand. X

Thanks for the info, I am swaying towards that machine but was torn between rent or buy x

I work for a company called SkinFirst and we have recently started promoting our Diamond Deluxe 6. Most of our clients generally go for purchase so they are making money back quicker and it isn't as expensive as other systems. If you would like any info just let me know and I will forward you some information. They offer free training and can put you on a salon locator too. x

Ive just opened a salon 4 weeks ago so couldn't afford a machine outright so iv gone with Skinbase on a pay as you go ... £12.24 a week minimum. Training provided and a free 2 week trial... I really only need to do one a month minimum to cover the cost of the machine ... !!!
Already sold a course of 6 and exceeded the 1 a week I needed to do, skinbase also advertise you on their web/face book page as your in their salon locator ... Something to think about if it's a new treatment to see if it's worth investing in one before hand. X

How is this going for you? Do they provide products for the treatment e.g. The crystals and the cleanse etc x
Thanks

Just thought I would answer the above... SkinBase provide all crystal, machine parts and marketing material free with the 'payg' machines, so there is a lot of profit to be made by Therapists that actively promote the Microdermabrasion treatments to customers.
Hope this helps.

I had the skinbase microderm machine about 4 years ago and I lost money with it in the end. Most of the time couldn't get the signal to get the machine going which was embarrassing when i was mobile! I couldn't do the one facial a week on myself as my skin too sensitive, and I didn't want to promote much whilst the machine didn't get a signal! So I sent it back after 6 months. I think Carlton do microderm machines that aren't too expensive and you can do a generic course for not too much outlay. That said, I do know of other therapists who love the skinbase machine and have used it for years so it is all personal opinion :)

I had the skinbase microderm machine about 4 years ago and I lost money with it in the end. Most of the time couldn't get the signal to get the machine going which was embarrassing when i was mobile! I couldn't do the one facial a week on myself as my skin too sensitive, and I didn't want to promote much whilst the machine didn't get a signal! So I sent it back after 6 months. I think Carlton do microderm machines that aren't too expensive and you can do a generic course for not too much outlay. That said, I do know of other therapists who love the skinbase machine and have used it for years so it is all personal opinion :)

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear of your previous issues. Just to let you know in case you wish to return to SkinBase... Our machines now have new roaming sims, which means that they use EE, Vodafone and O2 signal, to ensure significantly better signal for Therapists. Hope this helps

How is this going for you? Do they provide products for the treatment e.g. The crystals and the cleanse etc x
Thanks

Hi,
We have had no problems with connection etc, the machine pays for itself each week and we definitely did the right thing for us to rent the mc when starting our business - we have said that next year we will looking at buying a machine as the treatment sells itself, as the results are instant in some cases, all clients rebook or book a course.
They provide the machine and crystals only.
What have you decided to do?
Sandra x

Another vote for Skinbase - amazing support!

Hi thanks for the info. I'm just expanding in the next few weeks. From renting a room to renting own place. I'm def considering skinbase as sounds perfect for me starting up without the huge outlay. Crystal clear is £5000 which is way out of budget when getting everything up and running.

What products do you use with your microdermabrasion treatment? The salon I'm leaving has crystal clear so has products with the system x

Thanks sarah x

Have you phoned crystal clear as they do a mini MD machine with products and training for half of what you've stated above?

Hi give SkinFirst a call. Their Diamond Deluxe 6 offers more than just MD. X

Latest posts

Back