Which budget supplier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Help...I'm in the process of starting out and had decided on SJK hair as the going rate in my area for a full head of micro rings is around £160 for hair and fitting. I ordered one batch for my own hair which was lovely but the 2nd lot isn't great so now I'm panicking as can't find another supplier with prices that low

Prestige is really good. They've got a MASSIVE colour range, and for the price the quality is really good. Their 'Russian Standard' (budget range) is a mix of Indian/European. Advertised as lasting 4-8 months, which is accurate, probably get about 6 months!

Thank you ...had a look at their site but quite a few people on here said the hair is really thin?maybe that's the wefts though? Its so hard because in my area the going rate is £160 and that's for the hair AND fitting!!! I just can't seem to find hair to be able to compete with those prices

Thank you ...had a look at their site but quite a few people on here said the hair is really thin?maybe that's the wefts though? Its so hard because in my area the going rate is £160 and that's for the hair AND fitting

Why are you wanting to stick to the 'going rate'?
It's probably cheap hair and probably also hair bought by clients themselves for the extensionist to fit.
Far better to charge a bit more and have confidence that the brands you are using are of better quality and so lasting longer. That's just my opinion of course.
It's one thing to know what competition is charging but don't set your prices based on that. Good luck with your new business:)

Why are you wanting to stick to the 'going rate'?
It's probably cheap hair and probably also hair bought by clients themselves for the extensionist to fit.
Far better to charge a bit more and have confidence that the brands you are using are of better quality and so lasting longer. That's just my opinion of course.
It's one thing to know what competition is charging but don't set your prices based on that. Good luck with your new business:)
Thank you...I guess its because the 2 main ladies in my area who have been doing it for years charge these prices,they supply the hair and are really successful so I'm worried about charging more and not having the same success...its really nerve wracking starting out on your own especially when I have 3 little people to provide for
Thanks for your advice really appreciate it x

Thank you...I guess its because the 2 main ladies in my area who have been doing it for years charge these prices,they supply the hair and are really successful so I'm worried about charging more and not having the same success...its really nerve wracking starting out on your own especially when I have 3 little people to provide for
Thanks for your advice really appreciate it x

I know the feeling! I started renting a chair nearly a year ago with just 2 clients!!:eek:

Don't stress to much about those other ladies. Just be yourself and do good work. :)
X

I know the feeling! I started renting a chair nearly a year ago with just 2 clients!!:eek:

Don't stress to much about those other ladies. Just be yourself and do good work. :)
X
Thank you I'm trying haha....is there any suppliers you can recommend? I'm really unsure whether to just stick with SJK or try prestige...I've looked at routes and fabulong as well x

This is 150 strands of 16" 0.8g stick tips. The hair is single drawn but I think it's fine, if people want budget hair then they can't expect super long thick hair for budget prices. Massive plus wth prestige is the colour section, there's like 55 main colours then another 30 or so mix colours!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459689577.205469.jpg

This is 150 strands of 16" 0.8g stick tips. The hair is single drawn but I think it's fine, if people want budget hair then they can't expect super long thick hair for budget prices. Massive plus wth prestige is the colour section, there's like 55 main colours then another 30 or so mix colours! View attachment 195793
Thanks that looks lovely shall definitely order a pack to have a look at x

Thank you I'm trying haha....is there any suppliers you can recommend? I'm really unsure whether to just stick with SJK or try prestige...I've looked at routes and fabulong as well x

I haven't done extensions yet. I'm qualified hairdresser but going to do a course next month. So I am researching now for suppliers!

I haven't done extensions yet. I'm qualified hairdresser but going to do a course next month. So I am researching now for suppliers!
Ahh I see....its so confusing!!!have you narrowed it down to any? I'm going to get loads of different samples again this week and start a new search as I'm just not happy with my SJK ones I've got it so would be worrying about fitting them on clients x

Ahh I see....its so confusing!!!have you narrowed it down to any? I'm going to get loads of different samples again this week and start a new search as I'm just not happy with my SJK ones I've got it so would be worrying about fitting them on clients x

Ooh you can get samples?? Awesome!! Few more searches this week then!!

Ooh you can get samples?? Awesome!! Few more searches this week then!!
Yep you don't get much but it gives you an idea what the hairs like and its free haha x

Yep you don't get much but it gives you an idea what the hairs like and its free haha x
Anyone else recommend any please?anyone tried Foxy hair?or Routes? X

I would not recommend Foxy Indian hair but the Brazilian range is ok.
Thanks....I'm guessing its not one you'd use? I've had a quick look at the prices and for just OK hair think I'll look at somewhere else x

Thanks....I'm guessing its not one you'd use? I've had a quick look at the prices and for just OK hair think I'll look at somewhere else x

Try Glamlox, their hair is cuticle correct and lasts ages, also the trade discount is good x

Try Glamlox, their hair is cuticle correct and lasts ages, also the trade discount is good x
Thanks shall definitely get a sample of that then :)

The luxury hair and krystal from sjk is nice and thick... I ordered once the budget hair and didnt like it. Been using them for a year and only recently had a problem with one set they gave me 0 issues and resent me a new package plus a upgrade to the superior kind worth double the money

Latest posts

Back